UC Golden Tornadoes VS Mayfield Cardinals August 17th at War Memorial

SImpleplan

8 hours ago, SImpleplan said:

This fall brings UC to War Memorial in Mayfield. What will this year's teams bring?

Mayfield is just way too strong. The Union City team last year wasn’t nearly as good as several they have fielded in the past. I don’t think this year’s team will be any better overall. Mayfield by multiple scores. 

Mayfield will still use 2 QB's but Stinson will be the starter.  The Oline may have early growing pains but the speed and athleticism of this team should give it a chance to be very special.  I will be surprised if they are not ranked #1 in KY AA preseason and should have a great shot at a title.   UC should be the underdog this year but I expect them to be more competitive than last year.  A program like UC learns from their past mistakes 

• 2 weeks later...

Who cares.  Mayfield embarrassed our team last year on our field and we shocked the state and won another GOLD Football.  Just hope we can battle, keep it close and come away injury free.  Its just a media game and for the fans.  U C should be a contender once again this year for the GOLD.

17 minutes ago, ucdiditagain said:

Who cares.  Mayfield embarrassed our team last year on our field and we shocked the state and won another GOLD Football.  Just hope we can battle, keep it close and come away injury free.  Its just a media game and for the fans.  U C should be a contender once again this year for the GOLD.

I dont Think the state was shocked

On 6/29/2018 at 12:58 PM, ToothPick said:

Mayfield will still use 2 QB's but Stinson will be the starter.  The Oline may have early growing pains but the speed and athleticism of this team should give it a chance to be very special.  I will be surprised if they are not ranked #1 in KY AA preseason and should have a great shot at a title.   UC should be the underdog this year but I expect them to be more competitive than last year.  A program like UC learns from their past mistakes 

Mayfield will have to get past the privates for title and they haven't been able to do that lately. Still say Mayfield by however much they want this year. 

2 hours ago, ysoangry said:

Mayfield will have to get past the privates for title and they haven't been able to do that lately. Still say Mayfield by however much they want this year. 

2016 was only recent year a private knocked Mayfield out of playoffs.  Danville the team that throttled them last year in finals was a public school that always beats Mayfield when they play.

Danville was LOADED. Had the fastest human I've ever seen in person and he scored 3 times.

I'm really looking for a good UC vs Mayfield game this August. A team the caliber of UC doesn't just go in blindly without making adjustments. They always have some talent and lately they always contend for a state title. I hope they do that every year as I'm only against them for one game. Quality opponents is what I want the most for our team and UC is quality.

How about some hype from the UC faithful! Anyone gone to practices? I'm sure things are coming together nicely.

On 7/12/2018 at 4:29 PM, Manowar said:

2016 was only recent year a private knocked Mayfield out of playoffs.  Danville the team that throttled them last year in finals was a public school that always beats Mayfield when they play.

Just going off what a buddy of mine was saying. Mayfield and Danville usually meet in playoffs every year don't they? Been hearing a few good things about Murray's skill players and QB. They have a chance at Mayfield this year?