UC Golden Tornadoes VS Mayfield Cardinals August 17th at War Memorial

SImpleplan

2 hours ago, ToothPick said:

Last years game had more hype and from the TN fans view was a major eye opener but that game appears to have left a hangover as there is so little chatter from the Orange state.   This time last year there were about 100 pages of post in the thread.  Is this a sign of concern among our friends to our Southern border?  

Last year's thread was started in January.  There is always cause for concern when we are playing the Cardinals

2 hours ago, mumbles said:

You said that last year. This game might not be 41-0. But UC aint gonna win.

We will see. If your defense is struggling with the run like one of your posters has already said then I like our chances. It's like a trade off.

We struggle with the pass, which is nothing new here and if you struggle with the run ...... I like our chances. The thing is that we won't know until Friday night. I agree that it won't be like it was last year. I also think that some people will be surprised

7 minutes ago, Bigsw02 said:

We will see. If your defense is struggling with the run like one of your posters has already said then I like our chances. It's like a trade off.

We struggle with the pass, which is nothing new here and if you struggle with the run ...... I like our chances. The thing is that we won't know until Friday night. I agree that it won't be like it was last year. I also think that some people will be surprised

I will be lol 

1 hour ago, Bigsw02 said:

Hard to tell if Mayfield struggled with the run in a controlled scrimmage. But it wasnt hard to tell that the passing game will be good. Mayfield by the 3 plus td's.

I think the dynamics of MF running game is different this year... more muscle to go with the speed. There's a soph RB who is hard to stop coming on and I'm eager to see what he does at this level.

Looking at last year's stats: (roughly) 400 total yards for MF and 300 for UC. With numbers that close, I think the redzone MF defense is to be commended for keeping the UC runners out of the endzone... most of those guys are back.  MF def backfield will be just as tough as last year but we'll see if speed is there too.

UC will have to contend with 2 hardnosed RB's and 1-2 speedsters on the MF offense (6 deep at some skilled positions). THEN we get to the passing game: Jayden Stinson is on another level from last year. I predict 400 yards of passing offense alone.

SWO you coming to the infield to visit before the game?