UC Golden Tornadoes VS Mayfield Cardinals August 17th at War Memorial

SImpleplan

40 minutes ago, TennReb31 said:

I just hope it is a good respectable competitive game and both teams can get some learning to carry on through the Season. See ya Friday night.

I think both will learn, my Cards need to see where we are at on our run defense and run offense and I cant think of a better place to learn where we are at.  I would expect UC will also look to learn from our high octane  passing attack.  

4 minutes ago, ToothPick said:

I think both will learn, my Cards need to see where we are at on our run defense and run offense and I cant think of a better place to learn where we are at.  I would expect UC will also look to learn from our high octane  passing attack.  

Ya know I think that's the best thing about these two teams playing each other. We have never been a good pass defensive team. So we try to limit the number of plays a high octane offense like the Cardinals has to work with. If MF needs to work on the run game they will get a huge dose of that Friday night

Win or lose I think this game will be good for our guys. I think last year stings quite a bit still. Not very often do they get shut out. In fact, I can't remember any other time in the Bowling era that his team has been shut out. So if we can come up there and be competitive I think it will serve us and MF well

On 8/13/2018 at 9:13 AM, peabodypride said:

Not so much a sign of things however I will say this,UC is always a slow start to the season team,what they do schematically is simply but must be executed to perfection! They always struggle "severely" with defending the pass early on,the UC you see this week is always gonna be far different form the 8 games in Twisty Boys,I know they will have their hands full with MF but UC really is alot like my Golden Tide we really get live for region play and rivalry games,we pack the stands and shout and holler if it's relevant! Not saying we are fair weather fans it's just the small town nature and bragging rights!!!!

Here we go again!!!!!  The same old crap every team uses after getting shell shocked by MHS. It seems every team seems to magically get better after that game. GCHS always uses this line. The biggest stretch of that was after they got shut out at the hands of the Cards on their field in 2014. They went on to state runners up in 5a. They still will say today they got better and would like to have played the Cards later. It’s simple. Teams get better when the competition gets lesser. 

45 minutes ago, Mysonis55 said:

Here we go again!!!!!  The same old crap every team uses after getting shell shocked by MHS. It seems every team seems to magically get better after that game. GCHS always uses this line. The biggest stretch of that was after they got shut out at the hands of the Cards on their field in 2014. They went on to state runners up in 5a. They still will say today they got better and would like to have played the Cards later. It’s simple. Teams get better when the competition gets lesser. 

There he is. My friend and prime time turd kicker 55. The double nickle. Well once again thank you for your service and your devotion to law enforcement. 

Now that I have done the right thing and honored you I will do what this forum is all about. You must be the biggest blow hard on any of the threads I have ever been on. Not that I have a problem with that, I also tend to speak my mind. Last year you were absolutely right about the Cards and I have no reason to think you are wrong about this year. However, I will say that peabodypride is right in what he is saying about my Tornadoes. We start slow. Last year is a prime example. We got smoked by the Cardinals but ended up winning the Title. Now I'm not saying that we could have beaten the Cardinals later in the season at all. In fact I don't believe that we could have won at any point. Another example is the 2013 season. In the first game of the season, McKenzie spanked our butt, but then we rolled off a perfect season and won the Title for the next two years. If it makes you feel any better I will tell you..... Mayfield is the better football team. They certainly have the hardware to prove it. We lost because of that reason and that reason alone. It doesn't change the fact that UC is a slow starting team. You are also possibly right about the competition getting easier. That's most likely the truth.

Okay. Do you feel better now big guy? Do I need to get you a puppy to pet? Maybe some crayons and some paper to draw a picture of the red birds? I mean, I am here to help. Do you need a quiet place to talk to yourself? I will get you a whistle that blows bubbles if you want. Anything?  I don't want you to be upset. 

All in fun 55. Now it's Your turn to hurt my poor little feelings. Go ahead and bust me back

6 hours ago, Bigsw02 said:

There he is. My friend and prime time turd kicker 55. The double nickle. Well once again thank you for your service and your devotion to law enforcement. 

Now that I have done the right thing and honored you I will do what this forum is all about. You must be the biggest blow hard on any of the threads I have ever been on. Not that I have a problem with that, I also tend to speak my mind. Last year you were absolutely right about the Cards and I have no reason to think you are wrong about this year. However, I will say that peabodypride is right in what he is saying about my Tornadoes. We start slow. Last year is a prime example. We got smoked by the Cardinals but ended up winning the Title. Now I'm not saying that we could have beaten the Cardinals later in the season at all. In fact I don't believe that we could have won at any point. Another example is the 2013 season. In the first game of the season, McKenzie spanked our butt, but then we rolled off a perfect season and won the Title for the next two years. If it makes you feel any better I will tell you..... Mayfield is the better football team. They certainly have the hardware to prove it. We lost because of that reason and that reason alone. It doesn't change the fact that UC is a slow starting team. You are also possibly right about the competition getting easier. That's most likely the truth.

Okay. Do you feel better now big guy? Do I need to get you a puppy to pet? Maybe some crayons and some paper to draw a picture of the red birds? I mean, I am here to help. Do you need a quiet place to talk to yourself? I will get you a whistle that blows bubbles if you want. Anything?  I don't want you to be upset. 

All in fun 55. Now it's Your turn to hurt my poor little feelings. Go ahead and bust me back

Yeah you know I’m one of those liberals crying for a safe place. Nothing personal at all. 

Im just stating the obvious. I told you guys 2-3 years prior to this game, when they had the run even, MHS football is light years ahead. I can’t figure how that old school, one demensional crap wins over there. I suspect, providing the weather holds out, you guys will be even more impressed with the thing we call a forward pass this year. Our defense may give a little more early on this year. But, we will have a lot on 1-3 play touchdown drives in the game this year. I can’t wait. I think that I will watch last years game again tonight. 

22 hours ago, Bigsw02 said:

Do I need to get you some crayons and some paper to draw a picture of the red birds? I mean, I am here to help. Do you need a quiet place to talk to yourself? I will get you a whistle that blows bubbles if you want. Anything?  I don't want you to be upset. 

I would love to see that picture, bring the crayons!   

55 u should show your kind side and feed your buddy 2Bigsw before the game!

1 hour ago, Mysonis55 said:

Oh, wait a minute, I forgot. You guys corrected me last year on that. There is no team in Ky 2a that could put a running clock on UC. How could I forget?

BWAHAHAHA. You never cease to amaze. You win the prize for The Deputy Dog Barks- A - Lot Championship. I hope for your sake that them Tornadoes don't sneak away with a win. OMG! What will we do with you then? Don't worry. I will have an emergency cry towel and a Purple and Gold heart shocker with a coloring book and crayons on hand. If "push comes to shove" I will have a kitten for you to pet and cuddle your cares away. I am here to help.

I won't need those things. It's no shame losing to a team like MH. 

I noticed that I didn't get that invite from you to join in on the tailgate activities at your table. I truly want to give you those crayons.

Edited by Bigsw02