REGION 5 | 2A

AP Top 10 Poll came out after I posted this weeks matchups. I usually wait until the poll comes out so I can include any rankings. Here is what we have for 5AA.

#3 Columbia Academy

#7 Eagleville

#10 Lewis County

Polls are not really worth a whole lot other than something else for us to discuss and debate. I did find it odd that Waverly was ranked #5, and they could be the best of AA.

18 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Salem- do you see Forrest avenging any of last year's reg season defeats. I know you will post some fluff in your response, but seriously. Is it another 4-7 season (Save Fayetteville)

I stick to facts and stats and leave the fluff and hyperbole to others. I'm making predictions week to week. When I see video/ stats on some of the other teams I will post. 

Facts are in 2017 Forrest had 4th quarter leads on the road against CA, Eagleville, and Watertown. They also went into the half with SEVEN turnovers only down 7-0 against Lewis County . They led in 10 of the 11 games in 2017 at some point. One big play by Forrest or one turnover by any of the above opponents could have changed the outcome of any or all of those games. No one can predict that.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Salem said:

I stick to facts and stats and leave the fluff and hyperbole to others. I'm making predictions week to week. When I see video/ stats on some of the other teams I will post. 

Facts are in 2017 Forrest had 4th quarter leads on the road against CA, Eagleville, and Watertown. They also went into the half with SEVEN turnovers only down 7-0 against Lewis County . They led in 10 of the 11 games in 2017 at some point. One big play by Forrest or one turnover by any of the above opponents could have changed the outcome of any or all of those games. No one can predict that.

I can understand what you are saying Salem. It still hurts that my team lost because of a tipped pass in the 1st round against Forrest in 2016. Meigs also lost by 3 points the following week. That's the way the ball bounces some times!!

1 hour ago, TynerRamFan said:

I can understand what you are saying Salem. It still hurts that my team lost because of a tipped pass in the 1st round against Forrest in 2016. Meigs also lost by 3 points the following week. That's the way the ball bounces some times!!

Definitely a game of inches. 

If that 4th down pass isn’t completed. Forrest is bumped from the playoffs in round 1 again and would have disappointingly lost their final two games of the season after starting 9-0. 

33 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Really makes you appreciate the 2015 and 2016 teams.  21-4 in two years. 

They were fun teams.

Have to put those teams into perspective. Only one team in that region was a tough game (Watertown) and nonconference games vs 1A Huntland, 1A Moore County, and a down Page team. That schedule is nowhere close to what they're playing in '17 and '18.