REGION 5 | 2A

11 hours ago, BulldawgsRise said:

Probably just underestimating them. I think they went in with the mindset that Waverly would be the best team they’d have to play all season and that Union City would be an easy win 

That's very possible! We all forget our teams we love are full of kids !!!!! U.C is hard to deal with the Veer catches you of guard no matter how well you prepare! Tha only thing I would say is UC when yall faced them was more battle tested  than Waverly,besides maybe Huntingdon,I am not sure that had competition remotely  close to their caliber of talent!

12 hours ago, peabodypride said:

What lesson exactly? Just curious !!

Run the ball. Establish the run game.  Make someone stop you.  Pound and pound and pound.  It wears your opponent down.  CA has run the ball very well so far this year.  By the 3rd and 4th qtrs. you can see the wear and tear on the opponent.  Same that happened to CA against UC.  By the end of the game, it was obvious what effect the pounding had had.  

2 minutes ago, youngod said:

Run the ball. Establish the run game.  Make someone stop you.  Pound and pound and pound.  It wears your opponent down.  CA has run the ball very well so far this year.  By the 3rd and 4th qtrs. you can see the wear and tear on the opponent.  Same that happened to CA against UC.  By the end of the game, it was obvious what effect the pounding had had.  

Very true point

22 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

R5 at this point looks to be one elite team, CA

2 good teams, LC and Eagleville

1 decent team, Forrest

1 slightly less than decent team, S'Town

And 2 duds, Loretto & Community 

Still too early to tell. On paper CA should be elite based on the 2017 results and the players returning but their wins against NC and Spring Hill don't look as impressive now and they did struggle early vs Summertown. 

At this point I'd say CA is good; the winner of Lewis Co and Eagleville is decent; with the loser of that game , Forrest, and Summertown are slightly less than decent. Your duds are correct. 

We will definitely know more after this Friday.

Edited by Salem

Just now, Salem said:

Still too early to tell. On paper CA should be elite based on the 2017 results and the players returning but their wins against NC and Spring Hill don't look as impressive now and they did struggle early vs Summertown. 

At this point I'd say CA is good; the winner of Lewic Co and Eagleville is decent; with the loser of that game , Forrest, and Summertown are slightly less than decent. Your duds are correct. 

Struggling early against a region opponent on your homecoming doesn’t mean that you aren’t elite. 

1 hour ago, Salem said:

It's too early in the season to pronounce yourself elite. You've beaten two 0-3 teams and a team that was 1-9 last season. CA should be the best team in region 5 but with Cornersville destroying Eagleville and the Eagles only a point better than Forrest it remains to be seen how good the region is this year. 

Ok. Well. CA was elite last year and they look just as good if not better this year than they did last year. 

22 hours ago, Salem said:

At this point I'd say CA is good; the winner of Lewis Co and Eagleville is decent; with the loser of that game , Forrest, and Summertown are slightly less than decent. Your duds are correct. 

Wins against NC and SH don't look as impressive?  That's funny right there.