REGION 5 | 2A

3 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Forrest could potentially be a physically dominant team. Or they could cave to penalties and sloppiness and be 5-5

I think QB consistency will also be in the Rocket's favor. #6 has an arm

How's the new coach seem to be?

I sort of outlined that - best case they dominate with the run and beat teams 28-6 with ball control

Another possibility with this QB is that they average 35 pts a game in a mix of run and pass. 

Worse case, they are sloppy with penalties and turnovers and beat Community, Loretto, Cascade. Summertown, and that's it  

Back to back evictions form the playoffs in 2015 and 2016 by Marion- as strong a squad as there are been in 2A those 2 years. 

2015- Marion takes a 17-3 lead into halftime, we onside kick to start the 2nd half and got a big play and a quick score to make it 17-10 and The Rock was rockin. Marion with the Hamilton kid promptly scored 3 straight on the way to a 38-10 final. 

2016- Forrest takes the opening drive and rams it down Marion's throat for a 7-0 lead and we were thinking, "Well they aren't as good as last year and we are better, maybe this will be a game." That lasted a very short time, as I think they got it to 55-7 before we scored a last second TD for a 55-14 final.  

Marion went on to lose to Trezevant both years for the Gold Ball- but we all know the Bears were similar to Jon Jones- he juiced and they fixed grades. Marion was the true champ those 2 years.  

54 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Back to back evictions form the playoffs in 2015 and 2016 by Marion- as strong a squad as there are been in 2A those 2 years. 

2015- Marion takes a 17-3 lead into halftime, we onside kick to start the 2nd half and got a big play and a quick score to make it 17-10 and The Rock was rockin. Marion with the Hamilton kid promptly scored 3 straight on the way to a 38-10 final. 

2016- Forrest takes the opening drive and rams it down Marion's throat for a 7-0 lead and we were thinking, "Well they aren't as good as last year and we are better, maybe this will be a game." That lasted a very short time, as I think they got it to 55-7 before we scored a last second TD for a 55-14 final.  

Marion went on to lose to Trezevant both years for the Gold Ball- but we all know the Bears were similar to Jon Jones- he juiced and they fixed grades. Marion was the true champ those 2 years.  

No idea about trezevant, but I agree that Marion was outstanding. Meigs never was in the game in 16 with them they scored at will. And I hope you guys have a good year. Be nice to see you a little deeper in the playoffs this year.

Edited by Imthayeti
  • Like 1