REGION 5 | 2A

LC had some bright spots, but need to clean up the mistakes. Playing against 2 quality, athletic 4A schools will expose weaknesses and that's what happen. The good news is all mistakes are fixable and there were several bright spots to build upon.  Dyersburg has as good of a defensive player as I have seen in several years in #44. They will have a great year. Lexington also has a quality team that will have a good year. Both were very aggressive and physical.

On 7/28/2018 at 4:18 PM, GeneralAmerigha said:

Forrest was underwhelming. Very. 

Played to a 7-7 tie with Mt Pleasant, who looked to have about 20 kids total. In my opinion MP out hit, out hustled, our cared and out worked Forrest in every phase. At least 6 dropped passes. I attribute it to a few factors. 

- Still adjusting to new coach 

- It's a scrimmage, who cares

- New line up front on both sides. 

- MP played well and looked motivated. 

- Potential continuing immaturity of a still young team. 

Based on last night, I predict a similar season to last year's. Losses to BGA, LC, CA, and either Eagleville or Watertown. Fayetteville will be a dog fight. Should beat Loretto, Summertown, Community and Cascade, although anything is possible. 5-5 or 6- 4 is likely, with another 4-6 a real possibility. The Forrest teams from 2013-2016 would mercy rule this team. More heart and more guts. 

This team just doesn't look very good right now, and I'm not sure they realize it.  I hope they get things fixed, but a lot of times, teams don't get much better than they show in late July.   

Underwhelming was an accurate assessment. After two spring scrimmages and one fall scrimmage a 6-4 record may be a reach. After looking outstanding against 3A Fairview the Rockets have looked unmotivated and underwhelming against 2  1A teams. If the same team shows up in Franklin against BGA in a few weeks they will give up 50+.

That being said if the receivers just catch a handful of passes off their fingertips then Forrest cruises last Friday and everyone is upbeat and looking forward to the season. Also, many of their key playmakers had very few touches and one of the best athletes on the team returns from a gruesome injury in a few weeks that he sustained in the spring scrimmage.

Defense looked solid; offense has to get in sync.