July 27 5a& 6a scrimmages.. How did your team do?

46 minutes ago, CommandoPride1478 said:

Thanks for the input and your coverage of TN High School Football.

Thank you, but  really just starting. Once the season starts, coverage should be more constant. I'm just like any one of you guys who decided to try to get all the information I think I would want to know in one source.

Best of luck to Hendersonville, I hope Beasley can continue to meet the standard that was set by Bruce Hatfield

24 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Thank you, but  really just starting. Once the season starts, coverage should be more constant. I'm just like any one of you guys who decided to try to get all the information I think I would want to know in one source.

Best of luck to Hendersonville, I hope Beasley can continue to meet the standard that was set by Bruce Hatfield

What did you hear from the Blackman/Franklin scrimmage? Haven’t seen anything about that one

5 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

I heard it was pretty even, although I wouldnt take me at my word. I plan on seeing Blackman at least once or twice and I'll get back to ya when I do

It was not as even as one might have relayed. Blackman'srun defense did a good job and looked solid. There were a few missed assignments in the secondary but no terrible mismatches. Blackmans QB will be the question You have Adonis Otey getting reps with a good arm and quick feet, Tret Knox playing out of a wildcat formation, Nick Eifler and Drew Beam WITH GOOD READS AND GOOD ARMS. Blackman will have a solid run game with Elder Brown Napier all contributing. Look to see Knox playing some defense as well. Blackman won 5-2 

1 hour ago, Blaze45 said:

It was not as even as one might have relayed. Blackman'srun defense did a good job and looked solid. There were a few missed assignments in the secondary but no terrible mismatches. Blackmans QB will be the question You have Adonis Otey getting reps with a good arm and quick feet, Tret Knox playing out of a wildcat formation, Nick Eifler and Drew Beam WITH GOOD READS AND GOOD ARMS. Blackman will have a solid run game with Elder Brown Napier all contributing. Look to see Knox playing some defense as well. Blackman won 5-2 

Like I said, dont take what I heard at face value. I look forward to seeing Blackman at some point. Good for the them on maximizing Knox. They should have done that last year

6 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Like I said, dont take what I heard at face value. I look forward to seeing Blackman at some point. Good for the them on maximizing Knox. They should have done that last year

I am not as excited this season, but there is a lot to be seen still. Would love to meet up sometime at one of these games

13 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

I am not as excited this season, but there is a lot to be seen still. Would love to meet up sometime at one of these games

Hello Blaze!!  I think yall have a chance to be very special this season.   So many athletes, looks like an outstanding oline and I think the defense will be pretty stingy this year.   Hopefully we can make a better game week 1 this year.  Looking forward to it!!

27 minutes ago, CommandoPride1478 said:

Hello Blaze!!  I think yall have a chance to be very special this season.   So many athletes, looks like an outstanding oline and I think the defense will be pretty stingy this year.   Hopefully we can make a better game week 1 this year.  Looking forward to it!!

Buddy I am excited as my middle son is now playing ball for Blackman. We face McCallie today, in a scrimmage so I think this will be a good test.  I would love to catch up with you when we come over. I have no doubt this game will be a much closer game than the last. I hope you and yours are all doing well 

1 minute ago, Blaze45 said:

Buddy I am excited as my middle son is now playing ball for Blackman. We face McCallie today, in a scrimmage so I think this will be a good test.  I would love to catch up with you when we come over. I have no doubt this game will be a much closer game than the last. I hope you and yours are all doing well 

Lol you remind me of pattonnoysdad. It seemed like when one graduated, one was just beginning

15 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

FAKE NEWS! It was 3-2 with varsity with one Blaze TD being off of a fumble THEY committed and Franklin just brain farted. Granted, it does count, but it was a COMPLETE busted play. Both O lines struggled against the opposing front 7's. Blackman had a big run off of a cut back. Franklin had two nice deep pass plays.  With the JV it was 1-0 Blackman. Last year Blackman obliterated Franklin, so either Franklin is much improved, or Blackman is not that good. 

1 minute ago, MidStateFan1 said:

FAKE NEWS! It was 3-2 with varsity with one Blaze TD being off of a fumble THEY committed and Franklin just brain farted. Granted, it does count, but it was a COMPLETE busted play. Both O lines struggled against the opposing front 7's. Blackman had a big run off of a cut back. Franklin had two nice deep pass plays.  With the JV it was 1-0 Blackman. Last year Blackman obliterated Franklin, so either Franklin is much improved, or Blackman is not that good. 

Or maybe they looked like a team in their first scrimmage

• Upvote 1