July 27 5a& 6a scrimmages.. How did your team do?

1 hour ago, MidStateFan1 said:

Correct, both teams were very sloppy. He was misleading the score. 

. Just re-watched the scrimmage  and it was 4-2 ,  so my bad , Either way one of the 2 passes over the middle that Franklin had was on blown coverage and accounted for the only scores Franklin.. They did however only manage 4 first downs. 

Edited by Blaze45
spelling

7 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

. Just re-watched the scrimmage  and it was 4-2 ,  so my bad , Either way one of the 2 passes over the middle that Franklin had was on blown coverage and accounted for the only scores Franklin.. They did however only manage 4 first downs. 

Id say come Week 1 we will see that Franklin is indeed much improved over last year and that Blackman is still one of the top teams in the state.  HHS plays both....Commandos better be ready....not many easy weeks on the Commando schedule.

26 minutes ago, CommandoPride1478 said:

Id say come Week 1 we will see that Franklin is indeed much improved over last year and that Blackman is still one of the top teams in the state.  HHS plays both....Commandos better be ready....not many easy weeks on the Commando schedule.

Definitely hope Franklin does well after what they had to deal with last year. They definitely have a down the field presence which they have not had in a few years. 

19 minutes ago, CommandoPride1478 said:

I think the Commandos might be sandbagging... they will have a good run this season... young or not,,, new coach new attitude, and still a fair amount of talent all over the field 

As will Franklin. That was a big mess with the brothers and all that was a big distraction. Goood Luck 

18 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

I think the Commandos might be sandbagging... they will have a good run this season... young or not,,, new coach new attitude, and still a fair amount of talent all over the field 

As will Franklin. That was a big mess with the brothers and all that was a big distraction. Goood Luck 

How did it go against McCallie?

17 minutes ago, CommandoPride1478 said:

How did it go against McCallie?

It was a wet sloppy scrimmage. at times we looked unstoppable and at others we looked like we were still confused about assignments. All in all I think the run game looked pretty solid and there were nice passes. Defensively the line looked solid secondary was better, but not where it needs to be to have a shot at playoffs. We scrimmage Father Ryan of Friday so we will see if the adjustments take hold . I see us having our hands full with Hendersonville, Florence Ala and of course Oakland. Hopefully we hit peak at the right times and stay healthy. 

2 minutes ago, LoveForTheGame said:

Don't forget that Blackman will be playing a Will Hester coached team. Blackman had their way last time the two played. Other than a few scrimmages, this will be their first meeting since the '13 playoffs. 

Coach Hester is a great Coach and I have been watching film on his team They have a ton of athletes a few d1 commits. and it will be a real test I am sure.  Not to mention travel three hours in the heat on yellow dogs... We will see just what the Blaze have in them that game.

34 minutes ago, LoveForTheGame said:

I think Florence will compete for an Alabama state title in the not too distant future, it should be fun to watch the program develop.

If I didn't know better I would think you were related to Hester or a close friend . Not that it matters... He is a good coach either