Cloudland and Boyd-Buchanan

Guest Goldy

Pcountry-

Please get it in your head that even though Matt Peardon is from Jasper he is not recruited. Boyd does not recruit yet. Boyd will when we are moved to dII if that happens. The people who interview and put the people in the school have nothing to do with the football program.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont forget boyd, cloudland also beat two 4a schools this yr. and a few 2a schools. But 2a isnt as strong as 1a so you cant use that as a comparison...I mean you take the top 4 in single a they would all beat the top 4 2a teams.....Last yr. championship at murfreesboro, even though cloudland took a beating from ezell, they could have won the 2a division...I think it will be a good game. Yes boyd has played a harder sched. I wish cloudland could have had better opponents because the starters only averaged 2 quarters per game most of the time. They cant get teams to play them. 4a school dont like to get beat by, 1a yet that is the level they are at in our region..Cloudland is for real dont doubt it for a minute...

arhp maryville, and the schools mentioned arent in cloudlands region. I know cloudland could not even begin to hang with maryville. I was just saying in our area which is a weaker 4a division doesnt like to lose to a 1a..I dont even know if cloudland could beat the best 4a in our region. but they could and do beat some of the 4a in our region... As far as 2a goes on a given night 1a is stronger as for playing the hole season then i think 2a is stronger..Boyd could not play every top 2a team and win or they would still be in 2a.....

------------------------------------------------------------

dont forget boyd, cloudland also beat two 4a schools this yr. and a few 2a schools.

------------------------------------------------------------

Just to keep the record straight, boyd defeated 2 4a schools (Rhea County and East Ridge) and defeated one 2a semifinalist (Lipscomb) and one 2a quarterfinalist (Oliver Springs). Not that any of this means anything.

Posted by arhp52:

Oh, okay I agree Cloudland could play with several 4A teams and most 2A. I guess I got so used to reading Ezells posts. They thought they could run over anyone 1A-5A and would take offence when anyone thought otherwise.

Um, they can. I'm sure CPA can, as well. I'm sure CPA, Ezell, USJ could at least hang with ALL 1A - 3A teams. Yes, even Trousdale. CPA beat Gattinburg-Pittman earlier in the year by an insane margin, moreso than Sweetwater and Fulton (3rd Round playoff game). Obviously, the top-crop in 4A/5A would destroy these teams, but I don't ever recall when Ezell was chanting about destroying the 5A squads. Well, maybe Heritage. ;)

--Joe Kemple