(Battle of the bridge) Waverly vs Camden

vandyfan1

Anxious to see the outcome of this one and how much Camden has improved. I know Waverly ought to be stout and have the edge. Hoping for an injury free battle. 

...and you guys feel free to soften each other up since both teams will be heading to see my jackets soon. 

14 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Hmmmm Waverly has not gone a game since 2015 where they didn’t score more than 24pts in a game.... and with their experience talent speed and explosive offense... I doubt that will happen tomorrow. Great optimism tho

Trollin I was saving his comment until after the game. He must not know waverlys offense. 

all of you have good points this is mine and the reason for it .

1.Camden is returning 14 starters and picked up great 2 time all district middle linebacker also the entire team is mush stronger with new weight room work this year

2. Camden had played 3 pre season games McKenzie and 21-0 with starters Dresden 28-0 and Bruceton 28-0

3. senior running back story has rushed for over 400 yards and 9 td over these 3 pre season games and played about 4 full quarters total all combined

4 the starting  defense has not allowed 1 point and not but just a few 1st downs

5 they are as a team ready to win  and also with the hype Waverly puts on their self they make it where they have to win Camden doesn't they are quiet and pissed I think they will let their frustrations out on the field.

now in saying that Waverly is a good team not taking that away they have stanfield  and a good receiver in Dixon also they have a good back in Bradley but he is coming off a major knee surgery and is really going to be a ? who knows with rain and wet field will be an issue Waverly coach is one of the best I just believe this game will not be a blow out and it will come down to who wants it the most in the 4th hey I may miss it completely and that why I agree with other texters less play it and see in closing they will both be in the playoffs and this game will make them both better good luck to both  

43 minutes ago, camden1969 said:

1.Camden is returning 14 starters and picked up great 2 time all district middle linebacker also the entire team is mush stronger with new weight room work this year

2. Camden had played 3 pre season games McKenzie and 21-0 with starters Dresden 28-0 and Bruceton 28-0

3. senior running back story has rushed for over 400 yards and 9 td over these 3 pre season games and played about 4 full quarters total all combined

4 the starting  defense has not allowed 1 point and not but just a few 1st downs

5 they are as a team ready to win  and also with the hype Waverly puts on their self they make it where they have to win Camden doesn't they are quiet and pissed I think they will let their frustrations out on the field.

now in saying that Waverly is a good team not taking that away they have stanfield  and a good receiver in Dixon also they have a good back in Bradley but he is coming off a major knee surgery and is really going to be a ? who knows with rain and wet field will be an issue Waverly coach is one of the best I just believe this game will not be a blow out and it will come down to who wants it the most in the 4th hey I may miss it completely and that why I agree with other texters less play it and see in closing they will both be in the playoffs and this game will make them both better good luck to both  

Im not saying Camden isnt going to be better than last yr Im sure they will be but you cant throw scores from little O preseason games out there. Scores means nothing in my book when it comes to scrimages. I really think you are going to see a championship type team from the Tigers tonight. If Im wrong and Camden beats us I will send my congrats and move on but I dont see it going down like that.

1 hour ago, camden1969 said:

No mention of the Spring scrimmage against Peabody?  I will say I saw potentional in Camden’s defense but they didn’t hold us scoreless by any means.  I think I saw 4 touchdowns with no answers from Camden before I left.  It sounds like y’all definitely developed your defense over the summer.  There is for sure some promise there.   Keep at it, and I hope you have a successful season. I see some W’s in your future.  I’ll be following it for sure. 

Though I’m afraid Waverly will take this one.  

Good luck to both teams! 

Just remember this waverly is a great team in the weakest decision in Tennessee high school football the only team that have to beat is union city and that's in championship game so to be the best in a crap decision dont really make you great I hope it's a good game noone gets hurt and they both do great weather will be an issue in passing game and I will take Camden running gave over waverly this year good luck to all and god bless all the boys out their 

47 minutes ago, camden1969 said:

Just remember this waverly is a great team in the weakest decision in Tennessee high school football the only team that have to beat is union city and that's in championship game so to be the best in a crap decision dont really make you great I hope it's a good game noone gets hurt and they both do great weather will be an issue in passing game and I will take Camden running gave over waverly this year good luck to all and god bless all the boys out their 

:popcorneater:

51 minutes ago, camden1969 said:

The rain doesn't effect our passing game at all. Looks like its clearing up anyways. Just hope it's injury free for both teams.