Watertown @ Gordonsville

croz6110

9 minutes ago, Grizzly478 said:

I thought that Watertown would win, but this margin surprises me! Watertown hit them in the mouth and gville did not want any part of it, which is not like traditional gville teams at all. Interested to see if watertown can have a repeat performance or if this is just a one time deal. I don’t think that Watertown has ever beaten them 4 times in a row in the history of the series, and that in itself is a big accomplishment for these seniors because of how big of a rivalry this is. I hope that this series continues into the future, but I could very well see Gville backing out. All in all, congrats to the purple tigers and i hope that this type of play continues. 

I told a friend at the game I think gville will quit playing this game (they did in Jr. High this yr).. Last 2 meeting at the jungle 90-23. Watertown has taken a lot of beatings in this rivalry but they were in same district then so they had to keep playing,  gville don't have to anymore. 

7 hours ago, Grizzly478 said:

I thought that Watertown would win, but this margin surprises me! Watertown hit them in the mouth and gville did not want any part of it, which is not like traditional gville teams at all. Interested to see if watertown can have a repeat performance or if this is just a one time deal. I don’t think that Watertown has ever beaten them 4 times in a row in the history of the series, and that in itself is a big accomplishment for these seniors because of how big of a rivalry this is. I hope that this series continues into the future, but I could very well see Gville backing out. All in all, congrats to the purple tigers and i hope that this type of play continues. 

I'm pretty sure Watertown has beaten Gville 4 times in a row. The overall series is close to being tied. Before the 80's Watertown won regularly.

7 hours ago, diesel28 said:

I told a friend at the game I think gville will quit playing this game (they did in Jr. High this yr).. Last 2 meeting at the jungle 90-23. Watertown has taken a lot of beatings in this rivalry but they were in same district then so they had to keep playing,  gville don't have to anymore. 

They quit playing in Jr. High because our conference has gained several new teams, and there was only room on the schedule for one non-conference game. That went to Smith County.

In the past we have had 3-4 non-conference games. This year, only one.

1 hour ago, RTD said:

How did Gordonsville look and I know what Watertown has but seems like Watertown is more physical this year

Hard to tell you much about Gordonsville because H2O dominated the whole game. You are also correct about H2O’s physicality. Our defense swarmed to the ball last night, I bet there were not many solo tackles at all last night!

Here are some numbers that might tell you a bit more about the game other than just a score.

Watertown scored on a 86 yard kick return, 29 yard run, 1 yard pass, 43 yard pass, 24 yard pass, 5 yard run and 57 yard interception return.

Gordonsville scored on a 40 yard run.

Watertown had 350 yards of offense (181 rushing and 169 passing)

Gordonsville had 152 yards of offense (105 rushing and 47 passing)

So aside from that 40-yard touchdown Gordonsville had 112 yards on the other 38 plays.

Gordonsville also had 3 turnovers (2 fumbles and 1 int) and 7 penalties for 105 yards.

Just overall a bad game in every way possible for Gordonsville.