Haywood County at Henry County

FactsOnly

7 hours ago, MSURacer said:

All I know is, we've lost 5 season openers in a row. It's time to end that streak. 

Wha...really that’s riiiight, I’m on 4 of those...

ive heard conflicting stories since spring on you boys

heard you tied/lost to Milan...maybe spring

then obviously beat them a few weeks ago

so which is it

8 hours ago, dhstennis said:

Wha...really that’s riiiight, I’m on 4 of those...

ive heard conflicting stories since spring on you boys

heard you tied/lost to Milan...maybe spring

then obviously beat them a few weeks ago

so which is it

I didn't watch the one in spring, but we beat them pretty soundly a few weeks ago, 42-21. We looked really strong in that one, were humbled by MBA, and the Waverly scrimmage was so-so. Some good, some bad, and the starters only played 1 quarter. 

Over all, I like what I've seen from this team. If the ground game proves to be consistent our offense shouldn't have much trouble scoring points this year. QB and passing game are the best we've had in years. Defense has some good players and is getting some guys back healthy this week. They've given up some big plays this preseason, but are stout up front and have some good athletes on the back end. Could potentially be a very good unit when the lights come on.   

Kicking game concerns me. 

Edited by MSURacer

It's the YEAR OF THE YANKER!!!!!!  Relax Henrylanders....your YANKER is here!!!!!!

The Tomcats may have won last year in Brownsville but that will NOT be the case in Henryland!!!!!!!  HC will have too much offensive firepower for the Tomcats....the score that the world is braced to hear is as follows..........................HC 28 - Haywood County 13  !!!!!!!!!

I AM THE WORLD'S ONLY LIVING YANKER!!!!!!!

LONG LIVE YOUR YANKER!!!!!!!

I AM THE LEGENDARY YANKER!!!!!!!

6 hours ago, FridayMainEvent said:

4 in a row.   You beat Hookfin's Liberty squad in the 2013 opener.

Go ahead and call it 5, most of the fans left early while Liberty was winning by a few scores...then that whole 100 man roster, conditioning, cramping thing happened and HC brought out the whoopin stick...

2 hours ago, dhstennis said:

Go ahead and call it 5, most of the fans left early while Liberty was winning by a few scores...then that whole 100 man roster, conditioning, cramping thing happened and HC brought out the whoopin stick...

Ah, yes. Our 2013 team had depth for dayyys. That was the group that liked subbing out the entire O-line every other drive or so. Not many quick strikes with that bunch, but man they could wear folks down.