South Pittsburg vs Boyd Bucs (Grider against that Rodriguez man)

Southtowner

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

Throwback Thursday:  20 years ago the Pirates were led by Eddie Moore in this rivalry defeating Boyd Buchanan twice that year. Once in the regular season then again in the quarterfinals.   Anyone remember the scores to those games in 1998? 

I forgot the scores but I do know the second game Eddie abused alot of Boyd's player's on both sides of the ball. Wasn't that chin strap watergate special that year??  

3 hours ago, Southtowner said:

I've heard the football season will get pushed back by 1 week next year so we won't be playing 3 games in the month of August like we are this year.  Anyone else hearing this or am I just hearing voices again? 

I sure hope so. And to think we use to play the Warriors on Thanksgiving day year's ago, of coarse I don't remember those game's, but some of the old timer's I have spoken with said it was a special time.  The way the TSSAA has the playoff's is a joke anyway's.  At least cut it down to three playoff games and then the championship and we could start in Sept like we use to. I never went to school before Labor Day ever and we still got out the last week in May. OK, that's my beef for the day!!! I know it's not going to happen but hey, it's wishful thinking!!!

2 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Throwback Thursday:  20 years ago the Pirates were led by Eddie Moore in this rivalry defeating Boyd Buchanan twice that year. Once in the regular season then again in the quarterfinals.   Anyone remember the scores to those games in 1998? 

I'll have to check my year book for the scores. Y'all beat us twice in 98 and 99 I believe, then we finally got a nice little run going against you guys.

25 minutes ago, reaction said:

I'll have to check my year book for the scores. Y'all beat us twice in 98 and 99 I believe, then we finally got a nice little run going against you guys.

I joined coacht back in 03 when yall beat us twice that year and my first post was to someone from BB that had 10 reason's why BB will beat SP.  I remember giving him 10 reason's they wouldn't, but they did!! LOL.. 

1 minute ago, Southtowner said:

You must be a young whippersnapper.  I had to drag out some old Murphy Fair Books I had boxed up.  

This doesn't make sense.  If you're a young whippersnapper looking at your 98 and 99 yearbooks then what makes the Murphy Fair Books of those years old?

But you know what I mean.