Springfield Yellow Jackets vs Clarksville High Wildcats

On 8/21/2018 at 9:45 PM, Poundtherock23 said:

I remember Clarksville having a pretty good ball team about 12 years ago I think. Split with Springfield, they won regular season and Clarksville won in a sloppy rain filled second round playoff game. Clarksville’s running back that year was a very large human being that I believe wore #32. This year I don’t really see Clarksville being able to combat the speed of the Springfield offense. It’s all about match ups and Clarksville doesn’t have the perimeter speed to match with Springfield. Yes Clarksville has some size but so did Gallatin. I see the Jackets winning this by a couple TD’s

On 8/22/2018 at 4:26 PM, brian2000 said:

Yep

12 minutes ago, LETMETELLYOUWHAT said:

That 2006 team is the most under appreciated teams in the history of Springfield. May have been because Offutt was so disliked. The Jackets were the smallest school in 4A.

12 minutes ago, LETMETELLYOUWHAT said:

That 2006 team is the most under appreciated teams in the history of Springfield. May have been because Offutt was so disliked. The Jackets were the smallest school in 4A.

If ICE had hit town two eeeks earlier they would played 3A. School lose 250 student. Go figure.

44 minutes ago, LETMETELLYOUWHAT said:

What is the Coopertown high?

They're taking a dig at coach Wilson, who came from Coopertown Middle School.  Basically saying "this ain't middle school ball."

Some people have a short memory.  Can't win them all.  Springfield lost to a better team last might, but will be better come playoff time because of it.

Edited by DANR

9 minutes ago, DANR said:

They're taking a dig at coach Wilson, who came from Coopertown Middle School.  Basically saying "this ain't middle school ball."

Some people have a short memory.  Can't win them all.  Springfield lost to a better team last might, but will be better come playoff time because of it.

Everybody’s a coach/critic when you loose a ball game. We’ve got some of the best coaching all around that Springfield has had in 20+ years. You coach schemes and defenses and if some kids don’t execute and do their job it breaks the link in the chain, it affects the whole play. I liked the fact that Springfield did battle back after being down early.  Clarksville was the better team last night, they probably will make a deep playoff run. It only will make Springfield better in region play playing tuff non-region games instead of cup cakes.

All I know is Coopertown High looked real good last December when they played for a state championship. It's already been said, but everyone is a coach. It would be nice to win every game, but that isn't always the case. This loss can be used as a learning experience at the very least, and last season's results show what happens when you play tough teams that help you prepare for the playoffs. Go ask Hardin County, Lexington, Jackson South Side, or Haywood County what they think about Coopertown High, oh sorry, I mean Springfield. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, JacketLover said:

All I know is Coopertown High looked real good last December when they played for a state championship. It's already been said, but everyone is a coach. It would be nice to win every game, but that isn't always the case. This loss can be used as a learning experience at the very least, and last season's results show what happens when you play tough teams that help you prepare for the playoffs. Go ask Hardin County, Lexington, Jackson South Side, or Haywood County what they think about Coopertown High, oh sorry, I mean Springfield. 

Game preparation is a week long process.  If you aren't properly prepared you won't play for Coach Wilson.  The Jackets want to win so badly that it matters not where you attended Middle School.