Springfield Yellow Jackets vs Clarksville High Wildcats

Clarksville will surprise a lot of teams this year and Friday will be their first big test. 

This year's team is unlike any you have seen from Clarksville in the last 10 years.

I believe it is the first team that is a reflection of a Coach Shelby program.

This is not a flashy superstar team, but it has a lot of talent with even more character.

Not to mention size, strength, and depth alone both lines.

Which will dominate and only get better with each quarter.

I expect a close game with the Jackets scoring on a few explosive plays, while Clarksville controls the clock. 

Clarksville 28-24 Springfield

Edited by Pilgrim

1 hour ago, Pilgrim said:

Clarksville will surprise a lot of teams this year and Friday will be their first big test. 

This year's team is unlike any you have seen from Clarksville in the last 10 years.

This is not a flashy superstar team, but it has a lot of talent with even more character.

I expect a close game with the Jackets scoring on a few explosive plays, while Clarksville controls the clock. 

Good info! Your RB ok? How long is he out?

1 hour ago, Pilgrim said:

I remember Clarksville having a pretty good ball team about 12 years ago I think. Split with Springfield, they won regular season and Clarksville won in a sloppy rain filled second round playoff game. Clarksville’s running back that year was a very large human being that I believe wore #32. This year I don’t really see Clarksville being able to combat the speed of the Springfield offense. It’s all about match ups and Clarksville doesn’t have the perimeter speed to match with Springfield. Yes Clarksville has some size but so did Gallatin. I see the Jackets winning this by a couple TD’s

13 hours ago, Poundtherock23 said:

I remember Clarksville having a pretty good ball team about 12 years ago I think. Split with Springfield, they won regular season and Clarksville won in a sloppy rain filled second round playoff game. Clarksville’s running back that year was a very large human being that I believe wore #32. This year I don’t really see Clarksville being able to combat the speed of the Springfield offense. It’s all about match ups and Clarksville doesn’t have the perimeter speed to match with Springfield. Yes Clarksville has some size but so did Gallatin. I see the Jackets winning this by a couple TD’s

That team was Offuts best team went 10-0. Very good talent on that Jacket team. Beat Clarksville like 9-7 last game of season....in the mud. Then lost to them in the 2nd rd at home. That same SR talent also played basketball and won 20 + games with like 5 losses. Mt Juliet put them out of course.

SHS 31

CHS 24

24 minutes ago, brian2000 said:

That team was Offuts best team went 10-0. Very good talent on that Jacket team. Beat Clarksville like 9-7 last game of season....in the mud. Then lost to them in the 2nd rd at home. That same SR talent also played basketball and won 20 + games with like 5 losses. Mt Juliet put them out of course.

SHS 31

CHS 24

That Springfield team was stacked for sure. If they would’ve had the caliber of coaching back then, that they have now, there probably would be another gold ball in the trophy case!

1 hour ago, JacketLover said:

Just an FYI for those folks going to the game, Clarksville High told Springfield High to let their fans know to bring plenty of bug spray. There is a pond just past the visiting bleachers that is home to a lot of mosquitoes evidently. 

Does anyone know if the new pressbox will be ready for the game?

I have heard that the Press Box isn't ready.  The bugs  there are bad too