Jackets take a visit to Possum town to face Friendship

tcjacket13

16 minutes ago, inthagap said:
47 minutes ago, MrOrangePants said:

TC ups 6 with 2 min to go. Having to fight some putrid officiating late.  

Listening to your radio broadcast. Your announcers have been dogging you secondary for the penalties. 

Great game! The Yellow Jackets have a legit team this year. I knew when you stood toe to toe with a good 6A team you would be tough to handle. Carry on the old Region 4 tradition and bring home the Gold.

On one of the PIs the DB was beaten badly and tackled the receiver to prevent the touchdown. The other PI was called for faceguarding. Coaches seem to think think it’s legal. I honestly don’t know the rule in high school. If jackets dbs hold on to the ball, they have a few more picks tonight also. It’s good to get a win but TC has to clean up a few things before next week. Should be another great atmosphere. 

Just now, MrOrangePants said:

On one of the PIs the DB was beaten badly and tackled the receiver to prevent the touchdown. The other PI was called for faceguarding. Coaches seem to think think it’s legal. I honestly don’t know the rule in high school. If jackets dbs hold on to the ball, they have a few more picks tonight also. It’s good to get a win but TC has to clean up a few things before next week. Should be another great atmosphere. 

You’re aloud to face guard in high school. 

46 minutes ago, inthagap said:

Someone one needs to, that's your Achellies heel. Everything else is very solid.

TC gets back #2 next week who is a starter in secondary and #8 is the other starter in secondary and qb. He will be back in few weeks. If you had told me TC would run for that many yards against Friendship I wouldn’t have believed you with those two Division 1 lineman. TC could easily be 2-0 but it don’t matter. The region championship is Friday night

Friendship also has a 3 receivers that are really good, Hayslip Champion and Eskew, I don't think Watertown will have a kid Hayslip's size (6'3 180) or with Champion's speed but FC doesn't have Heath Price either, will be a good game, one thing we have going for us we have played 2 hard caught close games and Watertowns starters haven't played 4 quarters yet 

1 hour ago, inthagap said:

But you can't run into the receiver while you are doing it.

Reading comprehension is your friend. The official called the PI faceguarding, not running into the receiver. It doesn’t appear the official knew what was in the rule book. All of the other PI against the jackets were the correct calls, in my opinion.  We won’t talk about the officials inability to correctly spot the ball. The were off a couple of yards in way too many plays.