Fulton vs. Knox Central

Domin18

4 minutes ago, madhatter2269 said:

you’re also a william blount fan. your football team produces at the same level on the field as they do in commentary. so no shocker here that you like him.

No,

I am just a guy who can appreciate what the man has done for local high school football. It is one thing to not like his style or whatever, but you should respect what he does.

Also, most people who dislike Packer say they dislike him because he "makes fun of the kids" and you just made fun of WB. So that means you are a hypocrite.

All the respect in the world for what he does in putting together the broadcasts.  He is a very good salesman and producer.  

But there is a reason producers generally don't put themselves in on the air roles.    

Do you ever actually listen to the broadcasts?   

7 minutes ago, TheGuvna said:

No,

I am just a guy who can appreciate what the man has done for local high school football. It is one thing to not like his style or whatever, but you should respect what he does.

Also, most people who dislike Packer say they dislike him because he "makes fun of the kids" and you just made fun of WB. So that means you are a hypocrite.

i never said i disliked him because he makes fun of the kids, lol. show me where i said that and ill hand you a playbook for your team to read.

44 minutes ago, TheGuvna said:

There are two types of people in this world: creators and criticizers.

Packer is a creator. He has been bringing us high-quality high school football broadcasts for a decade now. 

And the old fuddy duddies who always have to let it be known that they dont like him because they dont have a sense of humor are criticizers.

This is hilarious 91 !! after WB loses a couple games you'll be in the " Fuddy Duddies " role of Criticizing the Coaches ... once again ... lol 

Just now, TheGuvna said:

Yes, I listen to him. He seems about average as far as play-by-play guys go and he says funny stuff from time to time.

Interesting.  Most people don't watch a football game to hear "funny stuff".  And if you believe he is "average", then there's really not much basis for a conversation.  You aren't going to understand.  

2 minutes ago, HTV said:

Interesting.  Most people don't watch a football game to hear "funny stuff".  And if you believe he is "average", then there's really not much basis for a conversation.  You aren't going to understand.  

What will I not understand? I am studying this stuff in school, have read books about it, and have been listening to play-by-play guys for almost three decades.

1 minute ago, TheGuvna said:

What will I not understand? I am studying this stuff in school, have read books about it, and have been listening to play-by-play guys for almost three decades.

Oh, yeah. Forgot that you are studying it.  

Listen.  Just listen.  And pay attention to the work other than the "funny stuff".  

7 minutes ago, pepvol said:

This is hilarious 91 !! after WB loses a couple games you'll be in the " Fuddy Duddies " role of Criticizing the Coaches ... once again ... lol 

There's legitimate criticism directed at a coach who completely cancels practice for a whole week the week of a winnable game when his team is winless...

And then there is being very vocal about disliking a guy who does a lot of good for the community because you dont like his style.

Maybe those two things are kind of similar, but I just dont see it.

18 minutes ago, TheGuvna said:

There's legitimate criticism directed at a coach who completely cancels practice for a whole week the week of a winnable game when his team is winless...

And then there is being very vocal about disliking a guy who does a lot of good for the community because you dont like his style.

I appreciate what he does for the community ... I just think the Broadcast would be a lot better without him calling Play by Play . There's lots of things he could do to help the Broadcast without doing the Play by play . He seems to want to be Dandy Don Meredith with him being a funny guy .... but Dandy Don was not a Play by Play guy , and neither is Packer . 

55 minutes ago, TheGuvna said:

So which part of my post didn't you understand?  He does good things in getting the broadcasts on the air. But on the air he is clueless.