Whitwell @ Signal Mountain

WingoVFL

51 minutes ago, ImaSavage said:

3a school gets thumped by 1-a school , not as good as advertised...

You  soft hand rich boys mad you just got thrashed by some country boys with work ethic an talent ?   

Money don’t buy wins.

Nah. I don't get mad very easy. I expected Whutwull to hang 60 or 70 on us. Y'all got a few good athletes, but the line play was not impressive.  I thought y'all would be better than what I saw tonight. I was serious earlier when I said that I thought y'all would be undefeated and playing for a state championship. After seeing your team in person, I'm not so sure.

Like I said, maybe the guys just weren't up for the game tonight, but I think last years team was better overall. Good luck the rest of the season. Haven't seen South Pitt in person, but I might just have to catch that game.

10 minutes ago, MountainTroll said:

Nah. I don't get mad very easy. I expected Whutwull to hang 60 or 70 on us. Y'all got a few good athletes, but the line play was not impressive.  I thought y'all would be better than what I saw tonight. I was serious earlier when I said that I thought y'all would be undefeated and playing for a state championship. After seeing your team in person, I'm not so sure.

Like I said, maybe the guys just weren't up for the game tonight, but I think last years team was better overall. Good luck the rest of the season. Haven't seen South Pitt in person, but I might just have to catch that game.

What do you mean by line play? We ran iso the whole night and one kid had nearly 300 yards by his self. And you guys was bringing 8-9 guys every play?

Edited by AllAboutTheW

19 minutes ago, MountainTroll said:

Wingo had 286 yards rushing  by the 3rd qtr, We pulled starters on both sides late in the game and called the dogs off. Signal had maybe 30 yds of offense second half. 

7 hours ago, Back2back42 said:

Got back in town just in time. Line work is tough boys in case y'all was curious. I'm debating on who to go watch... Whitwell vs Signal or SP vs Marion?? Cause I know my Indians can't match up to them Tigers from Meigs. But anyways....

Whitwell-35

Signal-28

i think Whitwell pass D has trouble tonight. 

Pass D looked fine tonight. Cant throw from your back. Coley brought alot of different blitzes tonight. A bust on 3rd and 25 by Wingo not being in man and #4 Making a good play on a post route vs a DB just getting back from injury is the only reason signal scored. Had maybe 200 yds of offense all game. 

1 hour ago, AllAboutTheW said:

Errors on defense for sure but 500 total yards looked alright 

Offense looked really good tonight as well as the defense. Both sides played great. Missing 55 at LB hurt a little vs the run game. #5 needs to step up. Coley made great adjustments at half and Signal had maybe 20-30 yds of offense second half. 

1 hour ago, MrLegit said:

You're right but whitwell don't sound like they had a good game either

I know it. I have been saying it for awhile. SP is a young team. It’s hard to beat a team full of seniors like Whitwell. Tonight’s win was one of the sloppiest I’ve seen in awhile. SP didn’t play well at all and still won 42-6 so I guess we should feel good about it. 

57 minutes ago, TigerfootballFan said:

Offense looked really good tonight as well as the defense. Both sides played great. Missing 55 at LB hurt a little vs the run game. #5 needs to step up. Coley made great adjustments at half and Signal had maybe 20-30 yds of offense second half. 

LMBO... great job coach. Whitwell is rolling right along. 

1 hour ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

Bad snaps, dropped balls and a flag happy officiating crew! 

Defense played great in my opinion...offense will settle down and get back to work! Like I said sloppy win but it’s still a win!

A W is a W that’s all that matters, I thought it would’ve been worse if we are being honest lmbo

Whitwell had better Enjoy this year cause from the looks of the depth on the sideline you will need it!! SP will beat you twice again this year just like last. Nice work in the weight room! I wish that TSSAA would test all players for enhancement drugs. Then we would see an even playing field from all teams. Just sayin what a parent from Whitwell whom I used to work with told me!  

10 minutes ago, payner410 said:

Whitwell had better Enjoy this year cause from the looks of the depth on the sideline you will need it!! SP will beat you twice again this year just like last. Nice work in the weight room! I wish that TSSAA would test all players for enhancement drugs. Then we would see an even playing field from all teams. Just sayin what a parent from Whitwell whom I used to work with told me!  

I agree on that, I’ve heard a few things from a few folks from crapwell