Waverly at Fairview

rednecktiger31

1 hour ago, Trollin said:

Where did I predict a running clock? Where did I predict anything on this game? Other than stating that Waverly SHOULD win? 

The truth is you got your panties in a wad and someone actually fired back at you when you really don’t know what your mad about? Are you ok? Do you need a hug? Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed? Or does the word SHOULD just hurt your feelings? I mean do you realize how rediculous you have made this? All because I said “ I don’t know how this game will turn out. Waverly should win.” Also I don’t recall you asking me... hey man will you tell me why you feel Waverly should win? Instead you become super BUTT HURT and start talking about how amazing Fairview is and how they have dominated Waverly. Yet you have failed to explain why you think Fairview is so good this year?! So let me explain to you why Waverly SHOULD win.

McConnells 5th year as a head coach. Experience. This years Senior Class is loaded with talented kids who have mostly played/started since Freshman year. Mr. Football Gavin Stanfield’s 4th year starting at QB. He looks better than ever this year and could probably run the offense with out McConnell. Bigger Faster Stronger. JD Dixon 4th year starter. Absolute athlete. Can catch anything. Make you miss tackles. And probably fastest guy on field. Oh and he plays great defense. Colton Cochran will dominate on both offense and defense. Pure Stud. Senior lineman on both sides with lots of experience. We also have some Juniors who have matured and are difference makers this year. Bottom line is Waverly has an experienced, talented group of players this year. Every thing is in tune and clicking on offense. They score at will. Yes the defense gave up 60pts to Huntingdon but until you watch Huntingdon play you could see why. They are loaded offensively. I still believe in our defense and still believe they are a lot better than last year. I know nothing of Fairview this year. They lost their stud back and they lost their stud QB 2 years ago. Usually you hear of a special player for Fairview and I just haven’t heard anything special about Fairview. Like I said I believe this Waverly team is experienced and talented and SHOULD win this game.

My prediction 

Waverly 55 Fairview 35

It's pretty obvious who has the hurt feelings here. Lol

Thanks for giving an explanation of why you think you're going to put up 55 points on us and win by 3 scores though. When you say you dont know anything about Fairview (and you obviously don't) it tells me that you're just wishful thinking. In case you have missed it we too have talented players that have been playing football they're entire lives as well. One would think you'd have realized that over the course of the last 5 years but I digress. 

If Waverly can come to Fairview and beat us I'll be the first one on here Friday night congratulating them. Until then I'm going to assume this game will be like all the rest. An all out war that can go either way. 

Edited by Swarm

1 hour ago, vandyfan1 said:

Swarm do you think that this fairview team is better than last yrs team?

Out of fairness to both teams I won't give an opinion on that. This team is much different than last year on offense. Very multi dimensional and explosive but the competition hasn't been what I'd classify as "stiff" so they haven't proved a great deal yet. Friday night will be their opportunity to show how they compare to the jacket teams of recent years. 

3 minutes ago, Swarm said:

Out of fairness to both teams I won't give an opinion on that. This team is much different than last year on offense. Very multi dimensional and explosive but the competition hasn't been what I'd classify as "stiff" so they haven't proved a great deal yet. Friday night will be their opportunity to show how they compare to the jacket teams of recent years. 

Fair enough

7 minutes ago, Swarm said:

I’m wondering if Waverly will be multi dimensional this week with th changes or will we be one dimensional like we were against Huntingdon. Defense is still my biggest worry

19 minutes ago, Lacesout said:

I’m wondering if Waverly will be multi dimensional this week with th changes or will we be one dimensional like we were against Huntingdon. Defense is still my biggest worry

One demensional against Huntingdon? We hung 42 points in basiclly 3 quarters! I think we will be just fine on offense. Im like you Im worried about defense.

8 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

One demensional against Huntingdon? We hung 42 points in basiclly 3 quarters! I think we will be just fine on offense. Im like you Im worried about defense.

Really felt like when 45 came out we looked 1D  which in turn put a hurry on our O!  One score was th QB running for his life another was KO return. If 45 is not back it’s gonna show

Edited by Lacesout

57 minutes ago, Swarm said:

It's pretty obvious who has the hurt feelings here. Lol

Thanks for giving an explanation of why you think you're going to put up 55 points on us and win by 3 scores though. When you say you dont know anything about Fairview (and you obviously don't) it tells me that you're just wishful thinking. In case you have missed it we too have talented players that have been playing football they're entire lives as well. One would think you'd have realized that over the course of the last 5 years but I digress. 

If Waverly can come to Fairview and beat us I'll be the first one on here Friday night congratulating them. Until then I'm going to assume this game will be like all the rest. An all out war that can go either way. 

My feelings aren’t hurt. Just trying to explain to you that Waverly is good. I think they should win this game and I believe Waverly will score 7+ touchdowns. 

My question is “because I don’t know” who or what players are as explosive as our players. Is it enough that your Jackets are going to put up more TDs than Waverly? 

IMO I say no. 

Tigers get the Win. I look forward to an exciting game. Best of luck

7 minutes ago, Lacesout said:

Really felt like when 45 came out we looked 1D  which in turn put a hurry on our O!  One score was th QB running for his life another was KO return. If 45 is not back it’s gonna show

I agree with you. But I believe “history has shown” if McConnell is down in a game, he is going to throw throw throw and throw some more. It’s definitely an obvious trend

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Lacesout said:

No doubt!  I’m afraid it was his last experience 

Out of respect for Waverly I haven't mentioned anything about what you're eluding to here. Because it's none of my business. But if he isn't on the field Friday night it will most definitely make Waverly more one dimensional. As I understand theres a very good offensive lineman that may be missing too. My source is a Waverly parent/good friend. I hope both kids are on the field Friday night.