Riverdale vs. Dobyns Bennett

kccc

don't think that this is near as good a team as 98 or 00, but that is why i think they might be able to pull it out. The community deserves a state title as well as Clark. The run that DB has been on since 96 is amazing 67 wins and 12 losses.

1996: 11-1

1997: 11-2

1998: 13-1

1999: 9-3

2000: 12-2

2001: 10-1

2002: 11-2

not a bad run, but it is time to win it all.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right, that is an impressive run. But here is Riverdale's records since 1991. This is the kind of tradition you are up against. Both schools have winning programs, and it is good that such teams meet in the game of football (to misquote Chief Ten Bears, speaking to Clint Eastwood's character in "The Outlaw Josie Wales")

1991 10-1

1992 12-1

1993 13-2

1994 15-0

1995 12-3

1996 11-1

1997 14-1

1998 12-1

1999 10-1

2000 13-2

2001 15-0

2002 12-1 so far

That is 149-14 over 12 years including three state championships and three runner up finishes. But this years team has to do it on the field, and it should be a good game Friday night.

Safe trip to M'boro to all the DB fans, and let's hope for an injury free game.

i know that clark and rankin are big buddies and can never seem to get a game together during the season. I think that playing teams like riverdale is something that would help us. Region 1 and 2 in 5A are not the toughest in the world by any means. Good luck to both. I think that we will be fine as long as we don't panic when adversity strikes. we're definitely underdogs in this one

DB 17

Riverdale 10

I agree about the strength of Region 1/2 5A, especially Region 1 with teams like Karns, Campbell Co. I would rather play a good team and lose than play a weak team and win by a considerable margin.

I think the lack of quality opponents especially hurt us in the late 80's.

We are improving next year's schedule by adding Oak Ridge.

[Edited by rolltriberoll on 11-27-02 10:14A]

DB can win the game. But it's very hard playing in the 'boro... especially in tomahawk stadium. You guys have to bring it a lot like blackman did last week. Only you guys have to keep that momentum going through 48 mins of intense football. This will be no easy game.

so no predictions on the score.

smallz

this is not an ordinary post from riverdale. i am actually riverdale's son, and i play for the warriors. i have to say that DB has all of my respect for the way they fought us tonite. they are a class act, and i wish them all the best for next year. they came out in the second half and made a great game out of what seemed to be an upcoming blowout. i do not know names, but DB's two defensive tackles, #14, #1, and the quarterback really showcased sportsmanship and heart by fighting us all nite. you guys at DB have nothing to be ashamed of, you've got a great squad and ought to be a force (as always) in the upcoming season(s). once again, good luck and all my respect to all DB players, coaches, and fans. thanks for a great game. go warriors!