summertown (2-2) travels to Lewis county (3-1) for homecoming

blackmamba11

5 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Looking at Lewis D versus Eagleville i'd say they will give up 14-21 in this one. They will likely score about 42 tho

I will be shocked to see Summertown put up 14-21 unless Lewis County gets out to a big lead and Summertown plays the second half the way Loretto did a last week. 

LC has had moments of lock down D, as evident late in Eagleville game including overtime, and some lapses on D, evident in large chunks of Eagleville and Camden games. The 1st team defense controlled Loretto and Scotts Hill, as they should have. The front seven have shown the ability to control the trenches, but it has been inconsistent at times. The secondary is fast and will provide hits in run support.

LC can score points fast....very fast. They have had about a dozen or more drives that have covered more than 40 yards and taken 5 plays or less.  2 speed backs that have combined for over 500 yards and 8 touchdowns, a power back with over 100 yards and 5 touchdowns. While Webb's numbers are not quite what they were through 4 games last year, he is still a threat on the ground or when he throws, and he makes the offense run.

It is obvious that Summertown has improved from last year, and I don't necessarily expect a 43-0 score like last year, Lewis County will put points on the board.

21 hours ago, blackmamba11 said:

I dont see summertowns defense stopping LC power house like I said jv will be in after halftime...

If our players go into this game thinking like this we will get beat or be in a dog fight until the final horn. The player had this same mindset at Camden and look what happened. S'town is going to come ready to play and hit us in the mouth. What happens after that will determine the outcome after the game. If we response in the same physical manner and with great effort then we should be okay. If we do not and momentum gets on the other side we could have another Camden night. These Panthers are as good as we have had in some time, but they can lose their composure at times.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ddaddy said:

If our players go into this game thinking like this we will get beat or be in a dog fight until the final horn. The player had this same mindset at Camden and look what happened. S'town is going to come ready to play and hit us in the mouth. What happens after that will determine the outcome after the game. If we response in the same physical manner and with great effort then we should be okay. If we do not and momentum gets on the other side we could have another Camden night. These Panthers are as good as we have had in some time, but they can lose their composure at times.

Camden was a way better team then summertown yes we had a lot of mistakes that if we wouldnt have made we would have won that ball game but this one I have no worries