Very big game this week Haywood @Dyersburg

Kruger77

Yes, Haywood is definitely the best we've played since Covington, but a lot of young talent played in the Jamboree. I think a lot of coaches do this in the pre season Jamborees not wanting to reveal too much. This is in no way taking anything from Covington, because they are an excellent team.  Dyersburg, has several players injured and the Taylor kid who was a starter (sophomore) and played both sides of the ball is out for the season, that will definitely hurt and take away some of what you considered home field advantage...LOL

19 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I got a chance to talk to several of the Dyersburg players s and coaches today. Yes there are a couple of injuries but their head is in the right place. They are ready for tomorrow night. Will be a great game. 

Yes. I think they have their mind right. Where are you going to be tonight ? I want to try and catch up with you.

10 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I am just speech less. I know Dyersburg was hot and would stay in the game with Haywood but didn’t expect what I saw tonight. Haywood was huge in the trenches but Dyersburg dominated every aspect of this game. There’s a new sheriff in town in West TN 4A. 

Dyersburg shows just how good they can be.....what is scary, or what should be scary for opposing coaches, is that Dyersburg #1running back went out last week for the season.  Yet they still put up 47 points against a very good team in Haywood. 

A lot of football left to be played with stiff competition looming.  Hope Dyersburg  does not go flat next week as Northside can beat the Trojans if they don’t stay focused. 

Yes, the Trojans were definitely clicking the first half, of course Haywood made it look easy with so many costly penalities.  Haywood played much better the second half and was gaining the momentum. However, Coach Stowe made the adjustments needed and the Trojan defense went back into "head hunter" mode.   D'burg has a stable of good running backs who are hard to bring down, and run very hard. I hope the Trojans stay focus because up next is Jackson Northside and they are a lot better this year then in years past, plus its our Homecoming . Hopefully, Our heads will be in the game. This win should get us closer to a homefield advantage in the playoffs.

Edited by Trojan1976