Loudon vs Signal Mt.

Infamousfootballfan

Whitwell is a good team, but no where near the South Pitt teams that played Signal Mountain when BP was coaching at Signal. Signal has turned into a finesse team on both sides of the ball, which will be hard for them to ever to have much success against a team like Whitwell. Signal has to get more physical and if they ever really want to be good again. Their schedule gets really easy now, so we will see.  They should be able to win them all except SD.

6 hours ago, ChattownLB said:

Signal may get beat by Loudon. But I will say this, WHITWELL is the best and most complete team Signal has played yet his season! And they have played East Hamilton, Tyner, Red Bank, and Whitwell. Whitwell being the best says something. Classifications don’t matter when there is talent on field. 1A vs 3A... well 3A Alcoa beat 6A Maryville...Talent... not by any means comparing Whitwell to Alcoa, or Signal to Maryville, just the most recent classification upset I can think of. Whitwell is a really good football team, so is Tyner and Red Bank. 

I know Whitwell has a really good football team and figured they would beat SM.  I thought it would be closer that is why I feel like SM must not be as good as I thought they were (if that makes sense).

10 hours ago, ChattownLB said:

Signal may get beat by Loudon. But I will say this, WHITWELL is the best and most complete team Signal has played yet his season! And they have played East Hamilton, Tyner, Red Bank, and Whitwell. Whitwell being the best says something. Classifications don’t matter when there is talent on field. 1A vs 3A... well 3A Alcoa beat 6A Maryville...Talent... not by any means comparing Whitwell to Alcoa, or Signal to Maryville, just the most recent classification upset I can think of. Whitwell is a really good football team, so is Tyner and Red Bank. 

Great point LB I will agree Whitwell is a solid team n 1A But Tyner is another solid team in 2A as well as Meigs. Alcoa and Red Bank in 3A too!  Signal has played a tough schedule and should win out!!!!!!!

13 hours ago, payner410 said:

Great point LB I will agree Whitwell is a solid team n 1A But Tyner is another solid team in 2A as well as Meigs. Alcoa and Red Bank in 3A too!  Signal has played a tough schedule and should win out!!!!!!!

I would be surprised if Signal loses this fight. If they start out with the QB they had in the second half of the RB game they will win for sure. If the WR #5 can hold on to more passes Signal will be good.

Troll, I see no reason why SM cannot be decent year end and year out. Can they ever get back to a winning record? The teams they are playing now seem much weaker overall.  East Hamilton is also  bad now  and they were good at the start of the school. South Pitt is better than Whitwell and I think SM beat them every year but maybe the first year. SM dominated RB. The non district schedule they played was much tougher as well as their district schedule.  Maybe the can win out for the old Troll. 

3 hours ago, bullreb said:

Troll, I see no reason why SM cannot be decent year end and year out. Can they ever get back to a winning record? The teams they are playing now seem much weaker overall.  East Hamilton is also  bad now  and they were good at the start of the school. South Pitt is better than Whitwell and I think SM beat them every year but maybe the first year. SM dominated RB. The non district schedule they played was much tougher as well as their district schedule.  Maybe the can win out for the old Troll. 

I disagree with them dominating RB, I watched that game at home and SM only had life in the second half. They couldn't stop RB in the first half and changed up in the second to make some good plays. dominating is a reach lol.

3 minutes ago, payner410 said:

ok dominated the second half!!!!!!

ok I can agree with that . They did push out some great plays in the second half. But RB took that whole first half. RB dominated the first half!!!!! Both teams played hard and looked good. It was a good game.

Edited by Infamousfootballfan