Hickman county (4-1) vs. Lewis county (4-1)

blackmamba11

Just now, tradertwo said:

Scotts Hill- Wayne County had a similar situation a couple of years ago...we played on Saturday.

With the forecast for Saturday, I believe the best option for all would have been Sunday afternoon, like what Columbia-Spring Hill has planned. would also work great for me because of a certain college game tomorrow night, lol.

1 minute ago, tradertwo said:

Scotts Hill- Wayne County had a similar situation a couple of years ago...we played on Saturday.

Camden and Huntigdon had the  same thing the same night but never played a down. Never rescheduled either  Huntingdon now has a million dollar turf field we in Camden like to call the field that we made happen..

Just now, TheStuff said:

No score, only played 3:50 of the game. Hickman County took opening kickoff, three and out, and Lewis County had 3 snaps. LC had possession at HC's 25 when the officials sent the teams to the locker rooms.

Thanks! So its  not a district game then it will more than likely be canceled because the weather looks iffy as heck the next few days  but maybe one of you gets a fancy turf field out of it. fans dont like when rivalry games get canceled..oh yeah who ever the home team is give refunds Huntingdon didnt and I am still not happy about it....lol

Lewis County was driving down the field  0 to 0. The weather was good enough to play when Hickman County refused to play Lewis County wanted to finish the game but Hickman didn't. But when kids  from Hickman stand in the middle of the field and wave bye to Lewis boys as they walk back to the locker room.  That is pure CLASSLESS BUT TYPICAL FROM HICKMAN COUNTY 

Edited by pantherpride17
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Beagle said:

Thanks! So its  not a district game then it will more than likely be canceled because the weather looks iffy as heck the next few days  but maybe one of you gets a fancy turf field out of it. fans dont like when rivalry games get canceled..oh yeah who ever the home team is give refunds Huntingdon didnt and I am still not happy about it....lol

The surface was in really good shape considering how much rain fell over the 2 hour delay. I am partial, but the playing surface at Bobby Sharp Stadium is one of the best surfaces in the midstate.

It is a huge rivalry game, and both sides circle the game on the schedule every year. I would really like to see them make it happen, but if it can't happen this weekend I am doubtful it will happen. The non-region game Lewis County has the week of Hickman County's open date is the return trip to play Obion County at Bethel College, which I am sure would be extremely difficult to get out of.

5 minutes ago, pantherpride17 said:

Lewis County was driving down the field  0 to 0. The weather was good enough to play when Hickman County refused to play Lewis County wanted to finish the game but Hickman didn't. But when kids  from Hickman stand in the middle of the field and wave bye to Lewis boys as they walk back to the locker room.  That is pure CLASSLESS BUT TYPICAL FROM HICKMAN COUNTY 

The referee makes the call on playing or not. He is ultimately responsible for the safety of everyone in the stadium when there is adverse weather. There was still lightning in the area and, as it turned out, more rain and lightning had moved in before I left the stadium. Another thing to be aware of is that there wee=re only 2 officials even at the stadium when the teams returned from the locker room. Others left during the delay and would have had to return to start the game. The referee was on the phone for an extended period prior to bringing the coaches and administrators to meet, one could make assumptions as to who he was contacting (the other officials, his assignor, etc.).

28 minutes ago, pantherpride17 said:

You post sounds very emotional and typical of someone who really doesn't know or understand whats happening at all and who take high school football way to personal  Way to be "that guy" .   

Its hard to call another fan base classless when you yourself are being that way. Way to let them live in your head rent free though .

The refs make the final call on weather play continues. not any one team/coach.

• Upvote 1

There was no way to continue the game with the lightning in the area. This was neither HC, LC or the officials fault. After a long night the frustration came after it was decided that the game was not going to be played. LC players was ordered off the field while HC Players remained on the field and got very vocal towards the Panther fans and players exiting the field. Again, I think this was a result of a long night and frustration. I do not believe that this game will be made up.

16 minutes ago, ddaddy said:

There was no way to continue the game with the lightning in the area. This was neither HC, LC or the officials fault. After a long night the frustration came after it was decided that the game was not going to be played. LC players was ordered off the field while HC Players remained on the field and got very vocal towards the Panther fans and players exiting the field. Again, I think this was a result of a long night and frustration. I do not believe that this game will be made up.

I believe these true rivalrys should be made up the next day. Honor the previous days ticket stubs and just continue. Even if its non regional. If they would play tomorrow I know they could gain more money at the gate from the fellow regional opponents that want to see the r5 vs r6 matchup.

5 hours ago, rednecktiger31 said:

I believe these true rivalrys should be made up the next day. Honor the previous days ticket stubs and just continue. Even if its non regional. If they would play tomorrow I know they could gain more money at the gate from the fellow regional opponents that want to see the r5 vs r6 matchup.

NONE of the fans were happy after the Huntingdon Camden game were canceled.According to this forum  The Huntington fans least of all. They did keep our money though:P

• CoachT locked this topic