Northside (Jackson) vs Dyersburg

Trojan1976

What's anyone input on this game Friday night?  Jackson Northside has momentum and thus far appear to be representative of some of their great teams from the past. The game is in Dyersburg and it's their Homecoming, therefore if the Trojans are still celebrating last weeks victory over Haywood, we might be caught off guard.  This has all the ingredients for a upset special?  Add in the fact that I think we are already qualified for the playoffs...nothing to gain but a lot to lose if we are not focus. .Hopefully, we are mentally/physically prepared to win in a big way Friday night.  Anyone care to comment?

Edited by Trojan1976

23 hours ago, Trojan1976 said:

What's anyone input on this game Friday night?  Jackson Northside has momentum and thus far appear to be representative of some of their great teams from the past. The game is in Dyersburg and it's their Homecoming, therefore if the Trojans are still celebrating last weeks victory over Haywood, we might be caught off guard.  This has all the ingredients for a upset special?  Add in the fact that I think we are already qualified for the playoffs...nothing to gain but a lot to lose if we are not focus. .Hopefully, we are mentally/physically prepared to win in a big way Friday night.  Anyone care to comment?

Northside is good enough to beat Dyersburg.

A lot of distractions this week spell doom for the Trojans, as well as another running back injury.

If the Trojans can stay focused, then they should notch another win. If not, then doom and gloom is forcast for Saturday AM.

Glad to know and hoping you are correct Base off your conversation with Coach Stowe, not being focus can result in a lot of turnovers and penalities. This was the case last week for Haywood, they were literally their own worse enemy the entire first half. LAter, following the game , I remember a Haywood fan sayibg " I hope we have worked on oir turnover issues".  Haywood was expected to be a great team this year not saying they aren't but the preseason ranking was suppose to get higher not drop to where they currently are in the State polls.  I remember at the Jamboree Haywood lost in what waa considered a mild shocking upset to Union City who is also struggling base off their past seasons football performances. Sometimes all the hype can lead to added pressure which results in lots of mistakes, the signs that this was going to be a ongoing flaw was there from the first game.. Perhaos, now everyone is starting to notice.. No pressure Trojans, no pressure...stay focus and lets Beat Northside on Ftiday

I’m happy that NS is showing signs of life.  They are better than the last couple years, but no where near the level of what Dyersburg showed last week. 

Lexington is one of the worst teams in the area and word is NS won, but didn’t score an offensive TD in the game.  If that is truly the case, they aren’t beating a team that held Haywood to a season low in points AND scored a season high on the Tomcats.

There are some very impressive athletes suiting up for the Indians, but I don’t think they have reached the level needed to knock off a Dyersburg firing on all cylinders. 

I just think come playoff time haywood gonna be very difficult to beat, just think if dburg or ss would've played the schedule haywood played they would fall out of the rankings too, but cudos to the Trojans y all beatem but I think it's setting u guys up for these playoffs. If it's a rematch I think tomcat win

Shawboy,  congrats to Haywood and their schedule, although one of the advantages of playing what u and other football experts evidently consider a tougher schedule is to make your team tougher and more prepared for weaker or more challenging competition. If that were the instAnce here it kind of "blew up in your face" no pun intended.  All the tough competition got you was 2 more losses and bragging rights that you played what u consider tougher competition.  Henry County is good but there are two more teams (The Clarksville schools) in their district as good or better then them.  There playoff could end in Round 2, so did you really play tougher competition or someone equal to or not as good as the Trojans?  The same logic can be applief for coaches who schedule lighter competition early in the season to help create confidence in their players especially younger ones.  This is believed by some coaches to help create rhythm and flow in teaching players each others strengths against weaker competition.  Not bad mouthing anyone but lets keep playing on Friday night and see what happens. After all is said and done Haywood did have Coach Stowe first..

4 hours ago, Trojan1976 said:

Shawboy,  congrats to Haywood and their schedule, although one of the advantages of playing what u and other football experts evidently consider a tougher schedule is to make your team tougher and more prepared for weaker or more challenging competition. If that were the instAnce here it kind of "blew up in your face" no pun intended.  All the tough competition got you was 2 more losses and bragging rights that you played what u consider tougher competition.  Henry County is good but there are two more teams (The Clarksville schools) in their district as good or better then them.  There playoff could end in Round 2, so did you really play tougher competition or someone equal to or not as good as the Trojans?  The same logic can be applief for coaches who schedule lighter competition early in the season to help create confidence in their players especially younger ones.  This is believed by some coaches to help create rhythm and flow in teaching players each others strengths against weaker competition.  Not bad mouthing anyone but lets keep playing on Friday night and see what happens. After all is said and done Haywood did have Coach Stowe first..

Wth??? Haywood’s schedule is clearly more difficult.

No there are absolutely not 2 more teams better than Henry county in their district? 

Yes coaches schedule creampuffs to help the team gel in different aspects of the game. 

Coaches such as Hookfin do the same thing by showing their kids adversity against tougher competition. 

Both ways work.  No one can argue against Hookfin’s results since he began coaching high school just over a decade ago.  Stowe is awesome and a legend in his own right, but I’ve never heard anyone calling for Hookfin to step down as has happened under Stowe once or twice in a blue moon.  

When the folks in Brownsville ousted Stowe they got a glimpse of what life is like without a quality coach for a handful off years. 

A regular season win might get you home field advantage. Always a blessing, but if you get beat in the playoffs by the Tomcats...who actually had the better season? 

Congratulations on a huge win.  I hope the momentum carries the Trojans very far.  Winning in September doesn’t mean anything if you don’t win in November.  Dyersburg knows that all to well, and they’ve handed Hookfin an early exit in the postseason a few years back.

I don't recall saying Haywood schedule wasn't difficult, I just stated playing tougher competition can help a team, however there are coaches who think differently abd scheduke accordingly.                           My comment in reference to the Clarksville Team in the district with Henry Cty., was an opinion last time I checked people do that on here, right have opinions?  The Clarksville team record in the district with Henry Cty is 5-0 and is still undefeated and  ranked near the top in the state polls....so until they play Henry Cty.. I'll stick with my opinion...         I wasn't here to belittle either coach,I actually was wanting to discuss tomorrow noghts game not last wks...... 

Edited by Trojan1976