Region 4 - 2A Mid-Season Outlook

steelcityroller

The season is half way over and I think teams have shown enough to where we can accurately gauge quite a bit going forward. So what games matter going forward? How are the playoffs shaping up? Who goes where and against whom?

Current Standings

Watertown 5-0 (2-0 in region)

East Robertson 4-1 (2-0 in region)

Trousdale Co. 3-2 (1-1 in region)

Westmoreland 4-1 (1-1 in region)

Jackson Co. 1-4 (0-2 in region)

Cascade 0-4 (0-2 in region)

I guess we can start at the top as the Region Championship was essentially decided in week 3 between Watertown and Trousdale County. Watertown came away with a 22-21 win. Not only does it put them in the drivers seat but it practically guarantees them winning the region. They can lose one of their remaining games (which they won't) against Westmoreland, East Robertson or Jackson County and still win the region due to tiebreakers. Which gives them home field advantage throughout the playoffs and the easiest path to round 3.

East Robertson is currently 2nd in the region but have yet to play Watertown, Trousdale or Westmoreland. The good news for East Robertson is that with wins over Jackson County and Cascade they have at least earned a playoff spot. The bad news is that I would take an educated guess and say based on that 26-20 win over Jackson County they won't stay in this spot for long. They will likely finish 4th in the region.

Trousdale County is currently 3rd in the region and have yet to play East Robertson, Jackson County or Cascade. So basically the opposite of East Robertson. They should easily win each of those games. Which would put them with a home playoff game but likely having to travel to Tyner in the 2nd round.

Westmoreland is currently 4th in the region and have yet to play Watertown, East Robertson and Cascade. They will likely be playing East Robertson to determine the 3/4 seeding in the region.

Jackson County and Cascade will finish out the region and will play each other next week to determine who finishes at the bottom.

How do these teams match up with Region 3?

My best guess at the moment would be that Tyner will be the 1 seed and by far best team in that region. After that its yet to be determined. So in my opinion that means winning this region was big come playoff time. The difference between playing Tyner in rounds 1/2 and playing Marion County/ Polk County/Bledsoe County is huge. So while Watertown is at home playing Marion County/Polk County/Westmoreland/East Robertson in the 2nd round we will see Trousdale County go on the road to Tyner.

How do they finish? My guesses would be...

Watertown 10-0 (5-0 in region)

Trousdale County 7-3 (4-1 in region)

Westmoreland 7-3 (3-2 in region)

East Robertson 5-5 (2-3 in region)

Jackson County 2-8 (1-4 in region) 

Cascade 0-10 (0-5 in region)

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

The season is half way over and I think teams have shown enough to where we can accurately gauge quite a bit going forward. So what games matter going forward? How are the playoffs shaping up? Who goes where and against whom?

Current Standings

I guess we can start at the top as the Region Championship was essentially decided in week 3 between Watertown and Trousdale County. Watertown came away with a 22-21 win. Not only does it put them in the drivers seat but it practically guarantees them winning the region. They can lose one of their remaining games (which they won't) against Westmoreland, East Robertson or Jackson County and still win the region due to tiebreakers. Which gives them home field advantage throughout the playoffs and the easiest path to round 3.

East Robertson is currently 2nd in the region but have yet to play Watertown, Trousdale or Westmoreland. The good news for East Robertson is that with wins over Jackson County and Cascade they have at least earned a playoff spot. The bad news is that I would take an educated guess and say based on that 26-20 win over Jackson County they won't stay in this spot for long. They will likely finish 4th in the region.

Trousdale County is currently 3rd in the region and have yet to play East Robertson, Jackson County or Cascade. So basically the opposite of East Robertson. They should easily win each of those games. Which would put them with a home playoff game but likely having to travel to Tyner in the 2nd round.

Westmoreland is currently 4th in the region and have yet to play Watertown, East Robertson and Cascade. They will likely be playing East Robertson to determine the 3/4 seeding in the region.

Jackson County and Cascade will finish out the region and will play each other next week to determine who finishes at the bottom.

My best guess at the moment would be that Tyner will be the 1 seed and by far best team in that region. After that its yet to be determined. So in my opinion that means winning this region was big come playoff time. The difference between playing Tyner in rounds 1/2 and playing Marion County/ Polk County/Bledsoe County is huge. So while Watertown is at home playing Marion County/Polk County/Westmoreland/East Robertson in the 2nd round we will see Trousdale County go on the road to Tyner.

Good summary!! As mentioned earlier our 2,3, and 4 seed is not clear at this point in time due to when the games are played.  We will know At the end of the regular season!

13 minutes ago, TynerRamFan said:

Good summary!! As mentioned earlier our 2,3, and 4 seed is not clear at this point in time due to when the games are played.  We will know At the end of the regular season!

From looking at your region I would gather that Marion and Polk are both already in essentially with region wins. And that Bledsoe and Tellico Plains will be playing for that final spot? Does that sound right?

1 hour ago, steelcityroller said:

Current Standings

I agree with everything u just said good post 

10 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

From looking at your region I would gather that Marion and Polk are both already in essentially with region wins. And that Bledsoe and Tellico Plains will be playing for that final spot? Does that sound right?

Possible 1st round would be:

E.Rob vs Tyner ; Marion vs Trousdale

Bledsoe vs Watertown ; Westmoreland vs Polk

That's as far as I will go with that..don't need to get too ahead of myself.

11 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

Current Standings

Couldn't be more accurate! Could you explain to me though what has to happen for TC and Watertown to see each other again?

2 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

2nd round Trousdale would have to beat Tyner. Then 3rd round they would meet again winner goes to semis

Stranger things have happened in these matchup's. I believe TC was favored over Marion last year..in a possible 1st round this year..sometimes a light comes on with the youngsters. That is what makes the playoffs interesting as well as unpredictable! 

If the above does happen, the game would be @ Tyner!!

1 minute ago, TynerRamFan said:

Stranger things have happened in these matchup's. I believe TC was favored over Marion last year..in a possible 1st round this year..sometimes a light comes on with the youngsters. That is what makes the playoffs interesting as well as unpredictable! 

If the above does happen, the game would be @ Tyner!!

Thought that higher region hosts this year. Meaning region 1 comes to region 2 and region 3 would go to 4? However it turns out I think Region 1 and 2 winner will travel to region 3 and 4 winner in the semis but I thought region 4 should host qtrs?

Just now, Imthayeti said:

Thought that higher region hosts this year. Meaning region 1 comes to region 2 and region 3 would go to 4? However it turns out I think Region 1 and 2 winner will travel to region 3 and 4 winner in the semis but I thought region 4 should host qtrs?

Southtowner is the one really good with this.

2 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I was talking about the possible 2nd round between TC/Tyner would be at Tyner! The 3rd round would be At Watertown(if it plays out that way)