Region 4 - 2A Mid-Season Outlook

steelcityroller

54 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

If (BIG IF) Westmoreland pulls the upset this week, and TC takes care of business with ER, I believe there is a 4 way tie for first. I feel that ER would lose to Westy and Watertown as well leaving a 3 way tie. What are the tie breakers in place if this were to happen? Paper, Rock, Scissors? 

According to the TSSAA: "In the event of a tie, if either team(s) has defeated the other(s) in regular season play, the team(s) shall be rated above the others in the standings. After the region winner has been determined, the tie-breaker procedure shall begin all over again starting at the top to work out the runner-up position. Procedure shall be repeated to determine 3rd and 4th place teams."

4 minutes ago, TynerRamFan said:

According to the TSSAA: "In the event of a tie, if either team(s) has defeated the other(s) in regular season play, the team(s) shall be rated above the others in the standings. After the region winner has been determined, the tie-breaker procedure shall begin all over again starting at the top to work out the runner-up position. Procedure shall be repeated to determine 3rd and 4th place teams."

All these scenarios will not be needed. I know H2O is going thru some things this week, but I feel this tragedy will only unite them more and get them even more motivated to finish what they have started this year!

1 hour ago, BCB~MVP said:

If (BIG IF) Westmoreland pulls the upset this week, and TC takes care of business with ER, I believe there is a 4 way tie for first. I feel that ER would lose to Westy and Watertown as well leaving a 3 way tie. What are the tie breakers in place if this were to happen? Paper, Rock, Scissors? 

In the past, in the event of a 3 way tie or in this case a 4 way, the first tie breaker is overall record, and after that if 2 teams have the same record it goes back to head to head. Each region has different tie breakers.