Trousdale and East Robertson

football6

Hello All! Time for my weekly edition of ....

By The Numbers:

Trousdale Co. travels to ER Friday Night with a record of 4-2 (1-1 in Region). They currently are scoring 27.8 PPG (points per game) and giving up 13.2 PPG, including 2 shutouts. Their previous opponents currently hold a combined record of 24-10 (71% win).

ER enters Friday's game with a record of 5-1 (2-0 in Region). They are scoring 28 PPG and giving up 17.3 PPG with 0 shutouts (they have been shutout once). Their previous opponents currently have a combined record of 14-19 (42% win).

To this point of the season, the region foes have 0 common opponents. ER has faced 1 4A school, 2 2A schools and 3 1A schools. TC has faced 1 6A school, 1 4a School, 2 2A Schools, 1 1A School, & 1 DII-1A School. Last years game resulted in a 36-22 victory for the Purple and Gold, although it was tight for much of the game. 

Based on this information, I feel that ER has faced some sub par opponents and their record is inflated. They do have some play makers and showed last year that they have the ability to execute a good gameplan to slow TC's speed and limit their possessions. TC will be ready for last year's gameplan so it will be up to ER to try to throw some new wrinkles in. TC knows after last year, that this is no cake-walk. Hopefully TC gets off to a better start than they did last week. I will be unable to be in attendance this week so ill be listening on 93.5 FM or on my FunRadioTN App and catching Cheese and Cameron as they do an outstanding job for those of us unable to make the trip.

TC's D continues to improve and holds ER to 1 score this week. My guess at the score, 28-7. Oh and Satterfield makes it 6 of 7 games with over 100 yds rushing. :thumb:

• Like 2

Last year  is last year game it's a different season I think ER will try to do what MC did ball control football and shorten the game by running the play clock all the way down and trying to limit TC possessions but I still think TC will win 35-0 I see another shutout for the TC defense 

23 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

Everybody said that last year too and it was a single-possession game all the way down to the final minutes and after East Robertson's QB got hurt.

They can't sleep on this team.

I don’t have a dog in this hunt, but I do think TC wins 2-3 scores. I do know this, East is on the rise, they’ve got a freshman who is a player and a decent supporting cast. That kid I believe is #13, he’ll be a top player in the mid-state in the coming years. I’m hoping I can get to the game Friday night, since my Jackets are in a by week, would love to see the other historic Jackets play.

22 hours ago, BCB~MVP said:

Hello All! Time for my weekly edition of ....

By The Numbers:

Trousdale Co. travels to ER Friday Night with a record of 4-2 (1-1 in Region). They currently are scoring 27.8 PPG (points per game) and giving up 13.2 PPG, including 2 shutouts. Their previous opponents currently hold a combined record of 24-10 (71% win).

ER enters Friday's game with a record of 5-1 (2-0 in Region). They are scoring 28 PPG and giving up 17.3 PPG with 0 shutouts (they have been shutout once). Their previous opponents currently have a combined record of 14-19 (42% win).

To this point of the season, the region foes have 0 common opponents. ER has faced 1 4A school, 2 2A schools and 3 1A schools. TC has faced 1 6A school, 1 4a School, 2 2A Schools, 1 1A School, & 1 DII-1A School. Last years game resulted in a 36-22 victory for the Purple and Gold, although it was tight for much of the game. 

Based on this information, I feel that ER has faced some sub par opponents and their record is inflated. They do have some play makers and showed last year that they have the ability to execute a good gameplan to slow TC's speed and limit their possessions. TC will be ready for last year's gameplan so it will be up to ER to try to throw some new wrinkles in. TC knows after last year, that this is no cake-walk. Hopefully TC gets off to a better start than they did last week. I will be unable to be in attendance this week so ill be listening on 93.5 FM or on my FunRadioTN App and catching Cheese and Cameron as they do an outstanding job for those of us unable to make the trip.

TC's D continues to improve and holds ER to 1 score this week. My guess at the score, 28-7. Oh and Satterfield makes it 6 of 7 games with over 100 yds rushing. :thumb:

Also looking at the numbers, I noticed East doesn't have but 3 returning starters from that massive line they had last year. They still average roughly 235-240 per guy and that includes their 2 tightends, 3 tackles, 2 guards, and center. The guards are huge, 6'4 350 and 6'2 305. I would look for the jackets to double #13. From watching a little film East may try to control the clock like last year, but if they have watched film on us, I believe they will try to pass it to 13 a few times. The early week key to a Jacket victory is getting off to a fast start. Last week we came out flat and everyone knew it.  This week if we can score first, get a stop, and score again, IMO it would be a long night for east. Swift is a player though and #13 is a 6'3 175 freshman. He had like 7 catches for 170 and 2 TD last week @clay. I will know more with the more film I am able to watch.  P.S Thanks for the listen, Cheese and I have a wonderful time in the booth. We both love the Jackets and are TC alum unlike the last couple years. Go Jackets!

Edited by JacketNationFan1
  • Upvote 1

East Robertson has a long history of basketball athletes and I believe they had some really good football athletes and teams back in the 80s/90s? Have they ever captured a title in football? Its been at least 10 years since i walked the halls there and looked at the trophy case and i dont recall what all the trophies were for. 

BTW, i hated playing there in basketball, we weren't very good and they were and made for a long bus ride. 

8 minutes ago, JacketNationFan1 said:

East actually has pretty good facilities IMO, I haven't been to a football game there, but their baseball field is superb. Always nice when we can swarm into someones house, sting'em real good and then run on back to hartsville with a W. Hope that's the case come Friday night. 

Football facilities are nice, better than average I’d say. You’re right about their baseball field, it’s the best in Robertson County.

1 hour ago, JacketNationFan1 said:

East actually has pretty good facilities IMO, I haven't been to a football game there, but their baseball field is superb. Always nice when we can swarm into someones house, sting'em real good and then run on back to hartsville with a W. Hope that's the case come Friday night. 

I'm sure they are. I was just saying that they will have tall grass waiting on the Jackets in hopes of slowing them down. 

39 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

I'm sure they are. I was just saying that they will have tall grass waiting on the Jackets in hopes of slowing them down. 

Ah ha I see what your saying now lol, rain all week helps them in a way with that, but hurts them if they had hopes of passing, Looking at film their extremely similar to westmoreland, although I think they are better on offense and probably not as good as westy on D. Jackson and Clay moved the ball on them pretty easily running it right at them. 

Edited by JacketNationFan1