Union City hosts TCA

Bigsw02

Whew, Glad to get a win. It wasn't a pretty game at all. Too many penalties by both teams and way too many Fumbles by UC. Good win though. Both teams played with a tremendous amount of heart. Proud to see those young men leave it all on the field. 

I got to meet Rietzfan after the game and he is one super nice guy and very knowledgeable. I enjoyed talking with you my friend. You are a class act. I hope you got that cheeseburger on the way home. You need to get some sleep tonight brother.

Now we get to play a very motivated Gibson County team fresh off a huge victory tonight. Hoping for a win next week

3 hours ago, Bigsw02 said:

Whew, Glad to get a win. It wasn't a pretty game at all. Too many penalties by both teams and way too many Fumbles by UC. Good win though. Both teams played with a tremendous amount of heart. Proud to see those young men leave it all on the field. 

I got to meet Rietzfan after the game and he is one super nice guy and very knowledgeable. I enjoyed talking with you my friend. You are a class act. I hope you got that cheeseburger on the way home. You need to get some sleep tonight brother.

Now we get to play a very motivated Gibson County team fresh off a huge victory tonight. Hoping for a win next week

How's your roster? Alot ot the injured back in the lineup?

16 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

You won’t offend me. UC is the easy pick because of their coaches and history. Tca is the long shot bet. Can the little Lions play big boy ball. Going to be interesting. 

My scouts at this game advised that TCA needs a new strategy on offense from the top down and UC really should consider joining the 21st century of offensive play. UC was fortunate the TCA defense gave up points in the 1st because it just didn't happen after that. UC Qb was very efficient at running the option offense early until TCA had enough first hand time to get adjusted to the style which became less effective once adjustments were made and may have become slightly hesitant once the number of hits endured increased. Overall a defensive clinic by both teams against two lackluster offenses.

7 minutes ago, TBALLEXPERT said:

My scouts at this game advised that TCA needs a new strategy on offense from the top down and UC really should consider joining the 21st century of offensive play. UC was fortunate the TCA defense gave up points in the 1st because it just didn't happen after that. UC Qb was very efficient at running the option offense early until TCA had enough first hand time to get adjusted to the style which became less effective once adjustments were made and may have become slightly hesitant once the number of hits endured increased. Overall a defensive clinic by both teams against two lackluster offenses.

Truth. Our coaches bottle up our playmaker and depend on him entirely to much. There were other kids open all over the field all night. We tried a new defense the first 2 drives. During those drives we had 7 players at least 6 yards off the ball. Looked like a prevent defense agains a down hill running team. Those first 2 drives were short field and resulted in touchdowns in the first quarter. After they scrapped that D and was able to withstand. Offense? Sucked on both teams. 

10 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Truth. Our coaches bottle up our playmaker and depend on him entirely to much. There were other kids open all over the field all night. We tried a new defense the first 2 drives. During those drives we had 7 players at least 6 yards off the ball. Looked like a prevent defense agains a down hill running team. Those first 2 drives were short field and resulted in touchdowns in the first quarter. After they scrapped that D and was able to withstand. Offense? Sucked on both teams. 

They also told me the big kid at RB either needs to have the ball  running north/South every 3rd play at minimum or be at a lineman position. Very poor utilization.

Edited by TBALLEXPERT

1 hour ago, TBALLEXPERT said:

They also told me the big kid at RB either needs to have the ball  running north/South every 3rd play at minimum or be at a lineman position. Very poor utilization.

I agree To a point. The big boy needs to run the ball more. And go north a south and stop dancing. I do not think he should be a lineman. He is a good LB. I feel There are other kids out of position. Tca never wants to make changes. Same ole same ole. It does not matter how hard you hit that square peg. It will not go in a round hole

2 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

I agree To a point. The big boy needs to run the ball more. And go north a south and stop dancing. I do not think he should be a lineman. He is a good LB. I feel There are other kids out of position. Tca never wants to make changes. Same ole same ole. It does not matter how hard you hit that square peg. It will not go in a round hole

True that but their statement to me was if you aren't going to have him pound the ball up the field his size needs to be utilized  and that is not going to happen from the backfield on very few touches

8 minutes ago, TBALLEXPERT said:

True that but their statement to me was if you aren't going to have him pound the ball up the field his size needs to be utilized  and that is not going to happen from the backfield on very few touches

True. That is why I say We try to go to the speedster every time and it is easy to read. Play calling is pitiful. You have to have balance. We had 10 running plays all night. 

2 hours ago, TBALLEXPERT said:

21st century, amusing. In an era when everyone is running their version of spread offenses Union City does what everyone else isn't. I think old school football is working for them when you consider that in the last 10 seasons they are 104-31, 4 State Championships (3 in 1A and 1 in 2A), and throw in a 38 game win streek.  Seems the 20th century is working just fine for them.

7 minutes ago, GATNA said:

21st century, amusing. In an era when everyone is running their version of spread offenses Union City does what everyone else isn't. I think old school football is working for them when you consider that in the last 10 seasons they are 104-31, 4 State Championships (3 in 1A and 1 in 2A), and throw in a 38 game win streek.  Seems the 20th century is working just fine for them.

Living in the past doesn't guarantee future results. Keep believing!