Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

tigermanforlife

District 8AA

Recommended Posts

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 9:07 AM, UTRok said:

JV boy play at Dekalb today 4:15 or 4:30 I believe.

Did you see all the games?  Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did. JV boys looked better than they did when they came to UHS a few weeks ago. Played more as a team and defense was better. Less out of control play a fewer turnovers. UHS JV won by 10 or 12 I think. Previous game was almost 30 point loss.

Varsity boys played better than I was under the impression they would. Still see a few issues. They appeared to play keep away from the big boy #12 many times he had position inside but they wouldn't give him the ball. He did a decent job rebounding and playing defense. I would think he had a double as well as 5 or 6 blocks. He had 3 or 4 put backs on offensive rebounds. #10 is a solid player and shoots well. They have one player IMHO that may be an issue for the team. They didn't play as well the 2nd half not sure if that is overall conditioning or what the issue may be. I do believe they have a bit of an issue with one player. There a heavy senior team so will loose most of the starters after this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UTRok said:

I did. JV boys looked better than they did when they came to UHS a few weeks ago. Played more as a team and defense was better. Less out of control play a fewer turnovers. UHS JV won by 10 or 12 I think. Previous game was almost 30 point loss.

Varsity boys played better than I was under the impression they would. Still see a few issues. They appeared to play keep away from the big boy #12 many times he had position inside but they wouldn't give him the ball. He did a decent job rebounding and playing defense. I would think he had a double as well as 5 or 6 blocks. He had 3 or 4 put backs on offensive rebounds. #10 is a solid player and shoots well. They have one player IMHO that may be an issue for the team. They didn't play as well the 2nd half not sure if that is overall conditioning or what the issue may be. I do believe they have a bit of an issue with one player. There a heavy senior team so will loose most of the starters after this season. 

 I saw the JV once this year. The time I saw them they had plenty of hustle and played hard. Out of control sometimes be they never quit. That's what I liked about them. And had 2-3 players that seemed to have potential, at least when I saw them.

See, that's what drives everybody crazy. You see times when varsity plays well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cannon boys beat Smith in a high scoring game we where down 12 early and came back but what about Macon beating York by 18   Did York have all their players there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dexter10 said:

Cannon boys beat Smith in a high scoring game we where down 12 early and came back but what about Macon beating York by 18   Did York have all their players there?

They were all there.  Our boys have ran the same offense for 15 years.  They make the same mistakes game and game out.  They had a terrible night shooting the ball and it cost them a huge district game.  Not sure if Macon always shoots as well as they did last night.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dekalbs best shot of winning and snapping our losing streak is next week at Smith. Macon winning at York was a shock,  especially the margin. 

What's everybody's thoughts on Dekalb.  Man we  are 1-16. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Iceman2000 said:

Dekalbs best shot of winning and snapping our losing streak is next week at Smith. Macon winning at York was a shock,  especially the margin. 

What's everybody's thoughts on Dekalb.  Man we  are 1-16. 

Idk but Smith shot good against us last night but we did to they didn’t seem like a team with no wins last night but good luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2019 at 2:16 PM, Dexter10 said:

Cannon boys beat Smith in a high scoring game we where down 12 early and came back but what about Macon beating York by 18   Did York have all their players there?

Macon County absolutely shot lights out from the 3pt line. I’d say well over half their points were 3s. As for York a very very poor shooting night for them, which isn’t like them at all. Not much you can do when a team is feeling it like Macon County was. But York will host LA at York Friday night in what should be a great one! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Macon coming off a huge win at York. Does Dekalb stand a chance on the road to knock off Macon and end Dekalbs  15 game losing streak.  Be a tall task, what are everyone's thoughts and opinions.  

What's everyone's picks tomorrow night. 

DC vs Macon

LA vs York

Cannon vs Upperman 

Watertown vs Smith

Macon big

York in a bounce back game 

Upperman big

Watertown by 15+

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements



×