• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

tigermanforlife

District 8AA

Last years final 4 UHS, LA, Smith and Watertown. I think UHS and Watertown were a suprise. UHS still very young they will likely start 4 sophomores but will have good size. 

1. UHS

2. York if everyone is back playing. 

3. LA 

4. Watertown

5. Dekalb

6. Macon

7. Cannon

8. Smith

Surprisingly everyone has Dekalb higher than Macon. Might be the new blood of Coach Sanders. Coach Welch at Macon lose alot.  Watertown has a difficult style for most. Fun year to wait and see. 

4-6 will be between Watertown,  Macon and DeKalb.  No way Smith or Cannon don't finish in 7th or 8th. I still think Macon will finish 4th,  Watertown  5th and DeKalb  6th. Excited to see what Sanders can do at Dekalb.  Hopefully better than he did at Smith. Believe he will do it. 

I'm a Macon fan 100 percent and I call it, like I see it. I hope Macon finishes 4th just don't see it this year. Macon has lost Asburn , Carter, Carlisle, King. Phillips, Carnahan, and Marsh over last 2 years.  This will be Major rebuilding year. Coach Welch want be able to roll ball out and win anymore.

that guy can coach! 

"Want to win more games....recruit better players"  John Wooden

All coaches look better when they have good players but he is a teacher of the game and will change with his talent. I think you could see more zone this year from him than in years past. 

He might run more sets too.

Alcoa plays Upperman on th14th of Dec. Should be a very interesting game. Having played Livingston Academy last year and with what they have coming back thought they might be the favorite this year in this District. I have seen the Upperman sophomore class play as we played them this year in AAU. Good group of kids they have a chance to be real good. Alcoa also has a very good sophomore class as well. 

5 hours ago, Springbrookrat said:

Alcoa plays Upperman on th14th of Dec. Should be a very interesting game. Having played Livingston Academy last year and with what they have coming back thought they might be the favorite this year in this District. I have seen the Upperman sophomore class play as we played them this year in AAU. Good group of kids they have a chance to be real good. Alcoa also has a very good sophomore class as well. 

Upperman and Alcoa doing home and away this season? I know they played in Orlando in Dec 2016 at the KCA tournament and then a scrimmage game before the 16-17 season. Glad to see UHS stepping up and playing more competitive teams.