2018 Cornersville Bulldogs

Jobres76

14 hours ago, ZEBRA35 said:

I sure would love to see it. Why dont you post it?

Apparently I am not smart enough to figure out how to get that one clip from Hudl to here. I have been looking at it extensively for the last 10 minutes to break it all down. I will concede that, on video, yes the uprights look to be less than 20 feet tall (measurement still to come). The referee on the left is standing directly underneath where the upright meets the crossbar. Once the ball is kicked he looks straight up. Whether the upright is one foot, 10 feet, or 20 feet tall, if the ball is on the outside of the upright when it crosses the crossbar, it is a miss. The ball does appear to travel to the left as soon as it is kicked (camera angle not the best to judge). The referee on the right side immediately turns his head to his right and up watching the ball. I can not see where the ball lands, but it is not directly behind the goal posts as the people behind there are not moving out of the way of the ball. Looking at the reaction of the ref directly under the left upright, he did not hesitate on the call. In my assessment (take it for what you will) the kick looked to be just barely wide left as it left the frame of the shot. I am going to continue to try and figure out how to get the clip, but it is my son's Hudl account and I really don't want to publish that as a highlight to his page.

25 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Cornersville has been dominating some folks in their way to a 10-0 regular season. The quarterfinal game in Huntingdon is going to be a good one. Question.. how good will you guys be next season? I know you’re losing a great senior class that had a lot of ability when you brought them to SP as 10th graders in 2016. 

This is just my personal opinion...We are losing a GREAT senior class, but this season has allowed valuable game experience for the underclassmen. We will face some challenges next season no doubt, but so far this season, the JV is undefeated as well with a 28-0 win over Community(1A), 14-6 over Forrest(2A), 21-16 over Giles county(3A), and 34-0 over Giles county(3A)....Giles requested to play again for some reason. There was supposed to be another game against Forrest yesterday that was cancelled due to weather. The future is bright, but I don't think will be as dominant as this season has been so far.

31 minutes ago, Jobres76 said:

This is just my personal opinion...We are losing a GREAT senior class, but this season has allowed valuable game experience for the underclassmen. We will face some challenges next season no doubt, but so far this season, the JV is undefeated as well with a 28-0 win over Community(1A), 14-6 over Forrest(2A), 21-16 over Giles county(3A), and 34-0 over Giles county(3A)....Giles requested to play again for some reason. There was supposed to be another game against Forrest yesterday that was cancelled due to weather. The future is bright, but I don't think will be as dominant as this season has been so far.

Not to mention a smoking hot junior high team 

1 minute ago, TheAmbassador said:

Another question.. What has been the turnaround? No offense, but in my 50 years on earth I’ve never known of them to be any good until last season.  Industry coming in and bringing people? What’s the difference?

Again...just my opinion, but I am going to have to say coaching. I know that is a cliche answer, but I feel it to be true. The majority of these kids have played together since youth, and it started several years ago with this senior class and it has just stayed steady. Coach Randolph came in and gave them a vision and a purpose 5 years ago and they have steadily improved since. Now the middle school is basically running the same stuff the high school is and there are some players both in the underclassmen and in the middle school. Again...coaching and an improved talent pool is probably the reason.

2 minutes ago, Jobres76 said:

Again...just my opinion, but I am going to have to say coaching. I know that is a cliche answer, but I feel it to be true. The majority of these kids have played together since youth, and it started several years ago with this senior class and it has just stayed steady. Coach Randolph came in and gave them a vision and a purpose 5 years ago and they have steadily improved since. Now the middle school is basically running the same stuff the high school is and there are some players both in the underclassmen and in the middle school. Again...coaching and an improved talent pool is probably the reason.

Youth football and a community that supports them 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Another question.. What has been the turnaround? No disrespect, but in my life I’ve never known of them to be any good until last season.  Industry coming in and bringing people? What’s the difference?

Youth program a few years back got some much needed coaching from some previous players. Jimbo and Richard showed those boys on the line techniques. Paul worked the offense and Andy worked the D. That youth group was fun to be around. Those players was a very competitive group amongst themselves. They hated losing and worked their tails off to get where they are now. Numbers increased with success and groups behind them are following suit. The only thing that has held us back in previous years was number of players. When you dress about 20 you will not win period. Plus we do have a great coaching staff. And they have had a few teams that was good scattered about. Early to mid 90’s had some good teams.