Blackman-Warren County

redmolly

1 hour ago, midtnmale said:

May be worse when they play Oakland. 

It's unfortunate for Warren County that they aren't in Region 5, or Region 3. At least then they'd might have a chance of getting into the playoffs  every few years.

Maybe when they build the next high school in Rutherford County they can move into another region.

14 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

Never have understood why Warren County isn't a better program. Isn't that school huge? 

I'd say it's basically demographics. And, its sizes actually works against them. If they were a smaller school (3A, 4A, or even 5A) they might have a better chance with the the student population they are working with.

34 minutes ago, midtnmale said:

I'd say it's basically demographics. And, its sizes actually works against them. If they were a smaller school (3A, 4A, or even 5A) they might have a better chance with the the student population they are working with.

The demographics can't be much different than Lincoln County used to be, can they? They more than held their own with the RuCo schools back in the day. 

Edited by MSURacer

1 hour ago, MSURacer said:

The demographics can't be much different than Lincoln County used to be, can they? They more than held their own with the RuCo schools back in the day. 

Football is better now than what it use to be because for the last 8 years ever boy in the county now has the chance to play middle school football and before Oakland and Riverdale had to share the talent out of Central Middle School because the other feeder schools did not offer football/.

1 hour ago, MSURacer said:

Be that as it may regarding similar demographics, the game is changed and matured since the glory days of Lincoln County. That was a generation ago before a time when Maryville and Alcoa began dominating their classes. Its not enough to have the coaches or the players, the pipeline going into high school also has to be there.

OK, Blackman coming out of a loss will want to score BIG.  Mercy rule BEFORE halftime.

WC might as well get ready and insist the Administration show up and share the game with the team.  They need to make every game until they start REALLY supporting the Staff and players. 

If the Administration does not want to do this, then the VOTERS of WC need to start what they can do to rid themselves of the current administration.  Until they do, they will continue to have losing seasons and family's sending their children to programs where they can win.

51 minutes ago, midtnmale said:

Be that as it may regarding similar demographics, the game is changed and matured since the glory days of Lincoln County. That was a generation ago before a time when Maryville and Alcoa began dominating their classes. Its not enough to have the coaches or the players, the pipeline going into high school also has to be there.

What's to stop Warren County from doing this? 

EDIT: Never mind. LOD's post is all the clarification I needed. It's almost always politics in these small towns. 

Edited by MSURacer

I think it is also a bit harder than it used to be to rebuild a program. There are other options out there for kids time and attention. You have the whole concussion issue that is turning some parents away from the sport. This generation of kids don't handle loss very well. If you are already in bad shape its gonna be hard to turn it around especially if you are somebody like Warren County playing in a very tough region.