Farragut vs DB 2018

Ericdietz

1 hour ago, Red Rebels said:

This is the map when Greenback was still in Blount County. The county line went all the way to the Little Tennessee River. Most of the county was still indian territory.

35i0pab.jpg

To keep this on topic, the road from Knoxville to Kingston is modern day Kingston Pike, which is where Farragut High School is located, close to the, at that time, Roane County line. 

Staying with the map.Blount county was once a part of the lost state of Franklin and Greeneville had the Capital.Interesting that state champs have came out of Hamblen(ME) in the 60's,Sullivan (TH) in the 70s including a national title, Jefferson co.in the 80s, Sevier co.in the 90s,and the last couple of decades , Greeneville has had football success..I think the great football spirits just wanted to sprinkle a little of that success back over the land we all were connected to years ago in NET and not let Blount county have all of the fun !

5 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Staying with the map.Blount county was once a part of the lost state of Franklin and Greeneville had the Capital.Interesting that state champs have came out of Hamblen(ME) in the 60's,Sullivan (TH) in the 70s including a national title, Jefferson co.in the 80s, Sevier co.in the 90s,and the last couple of decades , Greeneville has had football success..I think the great football spirits just wanted to sprinkle a little of that success back over the land we all were connected to years ago in NET and not let Blount county have all of the fun !

And let's not forget that, ahem, DANIEL BOONE roamed the countryside during this time as well....

Farragut wins. DB has virtually no passing game. Their offense is the Hicks kid. And I'm sure Farragut knows this and will key in on him. Offensively, the Admirals are as balanced as any team I've seen. They can hurt you with the run or pass. And the defense is stout too. 

19 minutes ago, WBNC83 said:

Farragut wins. DB has virtually no passing game. Their offense is the Hicks kid. And I'm sure Farragut knows this and will key in on him. Offensively, the Admirals are as balanced as any team I've seen. They can hurt you with the run or pass. And the defense is stout too. 

Was surprised that Farragut struggled last Friday night. I guess a win is better than a loss!:thumb:

13 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Good point, both Farragut and DB barely beat Science Hill.    Not sure what that means.....

Just makes me wonder how good Farragut really is??? If they were all that, I don’t think they struggle against Science Hill???? :thumb: Murvul beats them by 3 scores...

Edited by Throwdeslant
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sometimes a lot of coaches go old school .Run to set up the pass and so on against DB.I think the difference with Maryville and a lot of schools in the playoffs,is if they can throw the ball with success  against DB,they won't wait until the 3rd quarter .If your DB,you  do what works and If it means a slow down running game to keep high powered offenses off the field,so be it.Yes ,you need to be versatile if there is 9-10 or even 11 men in the box or up close ,but if I can get 4 or 5 yards running and a few big gains,they would have to load the box before I open up and pass on most downs unless of a time factor at the end or penalties put them in a bad spot.DB needs to play mistake free and bring it's A-game Friday.I think if they do that,anything is possible.Yes Slant,I knew you meant Maryville beats Farragut by 3 scores,just giving my take if DB can get their shot

Edited by BatmanDevil

6 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Sometimes a lot of coaches go old school .Run to set up the pass and so on against DB.I think the difference with Maryville and a lot of schools in the playoffs,is if they can throw the ball with success  against DB,they won't wait until the 3rd quarter .If your DB,you  do what works and If it means a slow down running game to keep high powered offenses off the field,so be it.Yes ,you need to be versatile if there is 9-10 or even 11 men in the box or up close ,but if I can get 4 or 5 yards running and a few big gains,they would have to load the box before I open up and pass on most downs unless of a time factor at the end or penalties put them in a bad spot.DB needs to play mistake free and bring it's A-game Friday.I think if they do that,anything is possible.Yes Slant,I knew you meant Maryville beats Farragut by 3 scores,just giving my take if DB can get their shot

IMHO, this is a game DB can win. Need to play a solid 4qtr game tho. 

18 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

IMHO, this is a game DB can win. Need to play a solid 4qtr game tho. 

Yep,last week pretty much set the stage by giving up the big lead to Bearden.No room left if DB wants to have a good season.Win or lose,get better and finish with the easy part of the conference and make  the playoffs

• Upvote 1