AP POLL CLASS 2A OCT 1 2018

Southtowner

4 hours ago, workinprogress said:

Does CA not have a true back up QB that has gotten any reps. There have been some lopsided games he could have gotten valuable playtime in.

As for true backups we have two.  ones a sophomore and one is a freshman. Yes both have seen possession this year. Davis Cofer, the FB/DE, had also gotten a few reps at QB this season before last night. 

11 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Tough loss. Looks like they pulled away 2nd half may have great depth at FRA. 

After some research looks like CA qb went out for the year during this game, tough loss. Looked to be a good game until half time I assume that's around when the injury occured.

Injuries are definitely not an excuse for the bad 2nd half last night. 

We started the game without the QB and were up 7-6 in the 2Q when we lost our starting center. 

Only trailed 9-7 at half. 

Their 1st half TD score was a recovered blocked punt in the end zone. 

We also lost another starting lineman during the 2nd half. 

Both linemen should be back this season but the qb is gone for the remainder. 

Again the injuries were not the only reason for the bad 2nd half. FRA just took it at us. Definitely some revenge for last year’s blowout win over them. 

10 minutes ago, Dunc4265 said:

Injuries are definitely not an excuse for the bad 2nd half last night. 

We started the game without the QB and were up 7-6 in the 2Q when we lost our starting center. 

Only trailed 9-7 at half. 

Their 1st half TD score was a recovered blocked punt in the end zone. 

We also lost another starting lineman during the 2nd half. 

Both linemen should be back this season but the qb is gone for the remainder. 

Again the injuries were not the only reason for the bad 2nd half. FRA just took it at us. Definitely some revenge for last year’s blowout win over them. 

Just gonna have to move on from it and start playing better and realizing nothing will be handed to them

45 minutes ago, Dunc4265 said:

55 I believe but 9 of those are 8th graders that just moved up last week. 

Respectable # on the roster. Shame your next game isn't non region. Maybe give you more time to weigh your options. Eagleville is 5-2 chances still goo seed considering current situation?

7 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Respectable # on the roster. Shame your next game isn't non region. Maybe give you more time to weigh your options. Eagleville is 5-2 chances still goo seed considering current situation?

This week will be a good week for the team. Back to the normal full week schedule. Last week was fall break so no school and a shorten practice week. 

I believe the coaches will be ready for region play next week and the loss can be a good humbling experience for the boys before the end of the season stretch and starting the playoffs. 

Edited by Dunc4265

18 minutes ago, Dunc4265 said:

This week will be a good week for the team. Back to the normal full week schedule. Last week was fall break so no school and a shorten practice week. 

I believe the coaches will be ready for region play next week and the loss can be a good humbling experience for the boys before the end of the season stretch and starting the playoffs. 

That’s why I said I wouldn’t count you guys out. Sometimes good things can come from a bad situation. At 2A one bad injury can ruin things unfortunately. I hate to hear about both the kids injuries. 

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 2:23 PM, Dunc4265 said:

The AP rankings are hilarious. Gibson Co. ranked for the 1st time and they place them one spot behind the team they beat this week. LOL

Still no love for TC, Waverly or U.C. 

The Patriots got beat by Jacksonville.  They were better on that day...………..GC deserves a ranking but not that high.  I think it should be about the body of work