6A Pre Playoff predictions

dannyq

Either way, I'm sticking with Maryville unless Oakland can get them in the semis. Cane Ridge playing it close with Marshall County scares me way too much to choose them as anything other than a dark horse right now. I think we end up with Whitehaven/Germantown vs. Maryville in the championship game with Maryville ultimately winning. 

1 hour ago, Laneman36 said:

Oh that's where you are wrong my friend. I have watched Alcoa. I am truly a high school football enthusiast being that it is my passion. I don't just pay attention to one side of the state or another (hmm mmm). Because I will say that it is safe to say the FridayMainEvent has not and probably will not visit the western part of the state to see the talent. If you think Alcoa or Greenville could play with the likes of Germantown or Whitehaven.....heck even Central high school in Memphis this year. I would say it is time for you to gas your car or RV up and take a trip.  Now are there 3A teams in Memphis that could compete with Alcoa? Absolutely not! When you are not in rural West TN you have

If West Tn is so dominant you think they could when the 6A  title with a little more consistency. Some folks are delusional about how good they think certain teams are. If teams were that good, they would have more than 2 or 3 state titles.

Every year a certain team from another area of the state looks unbeatable to the locals or to people that don't understand everything that goes into a winning football program. Those teams usually go home with a silver ball if they even make it that far.

WH couldn't even make it to Cookeville last yr and the team that beat them got mercy ruled by Maryville in the title game.

The 15th game is always the litmus test, everything else is just sour grapes, fantasy opinions. 

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Laneman36 said:

I'll say this because you must be from East TN. The athleticism is not the same between the two sides of the state. I don't know if you watched the Maryville vs Ooltewah game last year....I did. The reason Maryville won was that Sincere Quinn did not play pass the 1st Qtr I believer it was. Maryville struggles with real athleticism because they lack the athleticism that they have had in the past. It doesn't matter when the last time someone won a state championship because each year stand independently. This year I don't see Maryville or Whitehaven winner the gold ball. That is just my opinion. I will certainly measure Maryville by a healthy Ooltewah team this year. Can Maryville handle their athleticism which will be closer to what they will see coming out of the West if they make it that far. I am not even sure that Maryville beats Farragut this year (or Bearden). Let's see how that game goes tonight. These are all just our opinions though and we can revisit this if you would like in December.

I laughed....

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Laneman36 said:

I think you meant you wish Middle East could come West and Middle West could go East. When I think about that though it would only benefit one classification and that would be 3A.

LOL....So your vision of athletic is Catholic? They barely beat Oakland (who runs the triple option and that scream "I don't think I have athletes") and it's the same story every year with Fulton they struggle with them early and there size wears them down. Listen you aren't talking to a rookie. They are not having a typical year period. I am not saying they aren't great program. If you really wanna read something into what I am saying understand I am actually giving them high praise. I just believe that 6A is more wide open then in previous years. I think next year it will be closed again to Whitehaven and Maryville because they are both young in some key spots. And that is a negative as far as the state championship. Name me the last team they beat in the state championship that was more athletic than them (and don't say Cane Ridge because they weren't).

Oakland doesn't, and has never, run the triple option. And they didn't even play Knox Catholic.

And I beg to differ that Oakland is screaming 'we don't have athletes'

Carry on.

Edited by AlwaysAPatriot
Left off part of my statement
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Laneman36 said:

You are correct we are all entitled to our opinion in my time of TN football (which might not be as long as yours) Maryville has struggled with athletically talented teams or are just as big as they are up front (would you not agree).  What has pulled them through more times than not has been the "trick play". Under GQ they were good for about 2 or 3 a game, and he seemed to have a nack for when to run them. Many times they were mere inches away from costing them the game.

So tonight will be a good test for them as far as trying to keep with athleticism again. Ooltewah just has to find a way to overcome the size different that will be obvious.

If you have in fact watched MARYVILLE play this year you would know that most of the lines they have played against are much larger then they are. One of our O tackles is 180 lbs.  

I give heart , determination and discipline much more influence than athleticism much of the time.  Because I have seen MARYVILLE beat physically superior teams time and time again because of those teams being made frustrated because the grind just didnt deter the REBELS and I watched them give up and make mistakes because they lacked the discipline to finish it. 

I think you meant you wish Middle East could come West and Middle West could go East. When I think about that though it would only benefit one classification and that would be 3A.

LOL....So your vision of athletic is Catholic? They barely beat Oakland (who runs the triple option and that scream "I don't think I have athletes") and it's the same story every year with Fulton they struggle with them early and there size wears them down. Listen you aren't talking to a rookie. They are not having a typical year period. I am not saying they aren't great program. If you really wanna read something into what I am saying understand I am actually giving them high praise. I just believe that 6A is more wide open then in previous years. I think next year it will be closed again to Whitehaven and Maryville because they are both young in some key spots. And that is a negative as far as the state championship. Name me the last team they beat in the state championship that was more athletic than them (and don't say Cane Ridge because they weren't).

Symrna , whitehaven, pearl cohn ... need I go on? 

While I don't totally disagree with you. I will say that coaching is like raising kids. You give them all the right things to do before going on the field, but when they get out there that's another story. There is this false belief that the coaching is soooo great in East and Middle TN. There are good coaches that way, but there are also great coaches in Western part of the state as well. I watched the Powell vs. West game from last week. With all that talent at West and to have a 2-6 record I believe it is....I ask you is that great coaching. My point is that you can be the greatest coach in the world but athletes win games. Ask Urban and Nick.

I dont think that anyone is saying that East Tn has  lock on good coaching across the board...just ina few places. 

• Like 1