Powell @ OR

SweetScience

Credit to Powell they're are a tough team, but if OR cuts out the silly turnovers and doesn't basically gift wrap 14 points to Powell that game isn't nearly as close as it was. This is how big of a butt kicking it was on the stat sheet. 

Powell 19 rushes for 23 yards and 140 or so through the air= roughly 170 yards with only 7 total 1st downs. 

Oak Ridge had over 220 yards on the ground and 395 total yards with 16 1st downs. Like I said, butt kicking, although the score wouldn't indicate it. Oak Ridge is clearly the better team IMO. Powell didn't even sniff the EZ in the 2nd half until the last part of the game, and were totally shut down in the 2nd half.

BTW, where are you Dragon 92?

Edited by SweetScience

25 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Credit to Powell they're are a tough team, but if OR cuts out the silly turnovers and doesn't basically gift wrap 14 points to Powell that game isn't nearly as close as it was. This is how big of a butt kicking it was on the stat sheet. 

Powell 19 rushes for 23 yards and 140 or so through the air= roughly 170 yards with only 7 total 1st downs. 

Oak Ridge had over 220 yards on the ground and 395 total yards with 16 1st downs. Like I said, butt kicking, although the score wouldn't indicate it. Oak Ridge is clearly the better team IMO.

BTW, where are you Dragon 92?

I'm with you Sweets...oh wait, I am you!  LOL

What I mean is....where is Dragon92?????

I don't care about the score...that was a BUTT KICKING!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, catswild said:

I'm with you Sweets...oh wait, I am you!  LOL

What I mean is....where is Dragon92?????

I don't care about the score...that was a BUTT KICKING!!!!!!!

The only team that stopped us tonight, was us. If we can cut out the unforced turnovers, and quit making some very idiotic plays that put us behind the sticks, this game isn't close. And I mean that with all due respect to Powell, they are tough, although they are borderline dirty. Loved the play where our DE literally got slung down by his facemask right in front of the ref, and no call. Hilarious.

Edited by SweetScience

16 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

The only team that stopped us tonight, was us. If we can cut out the unforced turnovers, and quit making some very idiotic plays that put us behind the sticks, this game isn't close. And I mean that with all due respect to Powell, they are tough, although they are borderline dirty. Loved the play where our DE literally got slung down by his facemask right in front of the ref, and no call. Hilarious.

I totally agree with you.  By the end of the game, I was convinced we were the better team.  I also saw the facemask, as did everyone around me.  We all yelled at the ref, but it did no good.  lol  The bad thing for us though is that nearly every game we shoot ourselves in the foot with fumbles and almost unforced errors.  Still, I'm not complaining too much because somehow the boys always pull out the win!

Edited by ORcats

7 minutes ago, ORcats said:

I totally agree with you.  By the end of the game, I was convinced we were the better team.  I also saw the facemask, as did everyone around me.  We all yelled at the ref, but it did no good.  lol  The bad thing for us though is that nearly every game we shoot ourselves in the foot with fumbles and almost unforced errors.  Still, I'm not complaining too much because somehow the boys always pull out the win!

Yes, no complaints here about the win! Would just like to see us cut those mistakes out. IF we do, and that's a big if, we will be hard for anybody to beat in 5A.

Sure made the cheeks pinch together. But we finally woke up and won. Good defensive stand to hold Powell out of the end zone to finish the game.Some good plays by many players tonight. Things were "chippy" all night. Some border line cheap shots tonight. Oak Ridge players need to learn to just turn around and walk away and keep their mouths shut!!

WWA shirts went to 59 welcome back, 72 great job at center all year and 80 great job of kicking all year also.

WILDCAT PRIDE