Meigs Co. @ Polk Co.

Yeti

1 minute ago, Charlie Murphy said:

I was commenting on another post regarding a school board vote. I have just stated my opinion! I don't think anyone wants him to leave, because he is a good football coach, but he might "take his ball and leave".. because things don't go his way.

I will be glad to get this thread back on topic..

I don't think Polk can hang with Meigs tonight. They are in a streak of strong teams and Polk is in lull, (but improving). I hope to see a decent game tonight, but I fear a mercy ruling!

Polk has put up alot of points on teams it seems I would think it probable that we have a similar type score that Tyner had against you all. And that's if it goes the way I hope it does.

1 minute ago, Charlie Murphy said:

I hope you are right, because the Tyner game felt closer than the scoreboard showed. The big plays killed Polk that night... Several 3rd and 15+ situations for Tyner and Polk just couldn't get off the field.

One thing that separates Meigs from most of the teams we play is that we are just as good at passing as we are running the ball. How is your secondary? And I'll let you know if we will have alot of big plays hehe.:ph34r:

15 minutes ago, Charlie Murphy said:

I was commenting on another post regarding a school board vote. I have just stated my opinion! I don't think anyone wants him to leave, because he is a good football coach, but he might "take his ball and leave".. because things don't go his way.

I will be glad to get this thread back on topic..

I don't think Polk can hang with Meigs tonight. They are in a streak of strong teams and Polk is in lull, (but improving). I hope to see a decent game tonight, but I fear a mercy ruling!

Oh, okay. Gotcha! Sorry for the misunderstanding. I thought people were wanting him gone. Good luck to Polk tonight. It will be a 21-7 game at the half, then Meigs runs away in 2nd half. Would love to see a miracle for Polk and Tennessee this weekend!

Just now, catchnburn said:

Oh, okay. Gotcha! Sorry for the misunderstanding. I thought people were wanting him gone. Good luck to Polk tonight. It will be a 21-7 game at the half, then Meigs runs away in 2nd half. Would love to see a miracle for Polk and Tennessee this weekend!

As long as the miracle is that Santa Claus does the coin toss I'm ok with that. :lol:

4 hours ago, Charlie Murphy said:

I guess the vote going "sour" depends on your point of view. If you are referring to what I think you are referring, I for one think it was pretty sweet!

Maybe it's not the players that need to leave!?

Charlie, you have been around along time. I hope you have not forgotten what happen to Polk County Football when the last Davis left. It quickly fell from its winning ways. No coach around southeast Tennessee gets more from less than Derrick Davis. If you think you going to find another coach like DD, you are mistaken. Be very tough on PC if Coach Davis leaves for whatever the reason.

Over the years I have come to respect Coach Davis as a coach and a person. Been on the winning and losing side over that stretch. The Cats will not be the same without DD

6 hours ago, Charlie Murphy said:

I guess the vote going "sour" depends on your point of view. If you are referring to what I think you are referring, I for one think it was pretty sweet!

Maybe it's not the players that need to leave!?

I think it was great myself. But coach hates the idea if sharing his field. Some kids on the team feel they are being retaliated against due to the outcome. No one questions his coaching ability. We all know he can coach. No one would want to lose him