Scotts Hill @ Waverly

Tigers6056

1 hour ago, Trollin said:

Nice to have a thread this week. Got tired of pissing everyone off on other threads lol. Didn’t expect us to have a thread again until playoff time lol. 

Dont know much about SH this year, just that they are down and had a rough year. Respect for the SH fan base and hate y’all are having a rough year.

They have a decent team just not alot of depth. They will come out aggressive and if we let them hit us with a couple uppercuts and left hook before we decide to fight back it could be a battle. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Tigers6056 said:

They have a decent team just not alot of depth. They will come out aggressive and if we let them hit us with a couple uppercuts and left hook before we decide to fight back it could be a battle. 

Appreciate the respect (from some), but the truth is that we are undermanned and outgunned big time. I expect effort and sportsmanship from our kids, but the lopsided predictions are probably pretty accurate. Depth will hurt more in this game than in any other that we have played, and our being one dimensional makes it easier for an aggressive defense to tee off on our back. In a more balanced offense, Martin would be a game changer, but I think that Wavo's defense is too fast to allow him to show off how special that he will be in the future. Good luck Tigers, this just may be your year... hope for an injury free game, and may the best team win.

Edited by tradertwo
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

Appreciate the respect (from some), but the truth is that we are undermanned and outgunned big time. I expect effort and sportsmanship from our kids, but the lopsided predictions are probably pretty accurate. Depth will hurt more in this game than in any other that we have played, and our being one dimensional makes it easier for an aggressive defense to tee off on our back. In a more balanced offense, Martin would be a game changer, but I think that Wavo's defense is too fast to allow him to show off how special that he will be in the future. Good luck Tigers, this just may be your year... hope for an injury free game, and may the best team win.

Now Trader I dont want you to think I was showing any disrespect for you and the Hill with my post. I have nothing but respect for you guys. I know its just a down yr for yall. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Now Trader I dont want you to think I was showing any disrespect for you and the Hill with my post. I have nothing but respect for you guys. I know its just a down yr for yall. 

Not taken that way at all. Just being real about the game, and kind of hinting that I appreciate the restraint by a couple of posting how they know the game will likely go.

"Down year" is accurate in a way for us, but self inflicted. There are some very talented athletes on campus that aren't playing/didn't play last season...NOT the fault of the current coaching staff either. With those kids, Scotts Hill would most likely have battled Riverside for second place in the region. I could be mistaken, but I believe that the entire roundball team excluding Martin chose (as individuals) not to play. Along with those, some of the tougher kids who were football "exclusive" also gave it up. Our current interim coach will remain on staff, and though he has somewhat salvaged a doomed season for the remaining kids, has no desire to be the front man. We have already had some interest from some solid candidates to get the Lion program back on the tracks and heading in the right direction, so we should be back to looking forward, and not in disarray sooner than later.

15 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Not taken that way at all. Just being real about the game, and kind of hinting that I appreciate the restraint by a couple of posting how they know the game will likely go.

"Down year" is accurate in a way for us, but self inflicted. There are some very talented athletes on campus that aren't playing/didn't play last season...NOT the fault of the current coaching staff either. With those kids, Scotts Hill would most likely have battled Riverside for second place in the region. I could be mistaken, but I believe that the entire roundball team excluding Martin chose (as individuals) not to play. Along with those, some of the tougher kids who were football "exclusive" also gave it up. Our current interim coach will remain on staff, and though he has somewhat salvaged a doomed season for the remaining kids, has no desire to be the front man. We have already had some interest from some solid candidates to get the Lion program back on the tracks and heading in the right direction, so we should be back to looking forward, and not in disarray sooner than later.

I started this thread because last week was boring and I also wanted to hear your take on the game as you always tell it like it is. Hope both teams have a good week of practice and an injury free game Friday!

1 minute ago, Tigers6056 said:

I started this thread because last week was boring and I also wanted to hear your take on the game as you always tell it like it is. Hope both teams have a good week of practice and an injury free game Friday!

I hope that we get a few breaks and can hold your starters attention for a couple of series, but anything past that ain't happening. Our lines aren't bad, but not great either...our #1 back is young but good, with decent vision and pretty good speed. Passing game just isn't, making us predictable and mostly one dimensional, and you don't hang with teams like Wavo unless you can make them guess. Our defense is average, with the best attribute stopping the run up the middle, and biggest weakness against longer routes in the passing game. Not many secrets with Hudl and social media, so you probably already know this (sure that McConnell does). I wish the best to the Tigers going forward... good shot to bring one home.