Class 1A & Class 2A Mr. Football Nominations

CoachT

4 minutes ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

I know that! If you pick any kid off of one of the top 5 in 1A or 2A I would dare to say most have not played more than a half.

You may know that respectfully, but do the people that have a vote know that? That's what I mean!

12 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

You may know that respectfully, but do the people that have a vote know that? That's what I mean!

I'm sure they do but I don't really know how they choose. 1A should be locked up. You have the returning MVP of the Blue Cross bowl in QB Bryce Hanley for Greenback who has ridiculous numbers even though he has only played in the first half of games. He most likely will lead his team back to State at minimum the 4th round.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

I'm sure they do but I don't really know how they choose. 1A should be locked up. You have the returning MVP of the Blue Cross bowl in QB Bryce Hanley for Greenback who has ridiculous numbers even though he has only played in the first half of games. He most likely will lead his team back to State at minimum the 4th round.

Interesting, O&B told me greenback had so few on roster that most players had to play the whole game most of the time. Not that Hanley isn't deserving just something he told me in another thread a while back. Good luck on it though. Didn't the back that transferred get it from Greenback last year? I know Gavin Stanfield got the 2A award from Waverly last year.

30 minutes ago, JacketNationFan1 said:

the only games that Petty, Wingo, and Ashworth has played important 2nd half minutes is vs TC and SP.

I’ve seen them still in meaningless games almost halfway through the 4th quarter. Their games have been over by halftime most of the year except for TC and SP. 

Just now, Imthayeti said:

Interesting, O&B told me greenback had so few on roster that most players had to play the whole game most of the time. Not that Hanley isn't deserving just something he told me in another thread a while back. Good luck on it though. Didn't the back that transferred get it from Greenback last year? I know Gavin Stanfield got the 2A award from Waverly last year.

O&B is correct the starters play both ways until game is out of hand and then the 8th graders and such come in. In 2016 we had 2 finalist 1 at back Kayne Roberts runner up and Josh Silvey for lineman which he won. 

Just now, Justafan6980 said:

I’ve seen them still in meaningless games almost halfway through the 4th quarter. Their games have been over by halftime most of the year except for TC and SP. 

I'm meaning full go, I know they played most of 2nd half vs Bledsoe, Polk, and Signal but the playbook was limited, just talking from someone that watched every video we had on them. 

2 minutes ago, JacketNationFan1 said:

I'm meaning full go, I know they played most of 2nd half vs Bledsoe, Polk, and Signal but the playbook was limited, just talking from someone that watched every video we had on them. 

Swafford only had one game this year where he had to put forth alot of effort, and that was against Sequatchie. He had a field day so to speak in that game. Accounted for every touchdown iirc and was up 35-0 on them at about 7 minutes left to play in the third qtr. From there we started subbing in some young folk. Sequatchie is a 6-2 team and top 10 team in 3A. Since were talking full go thought I'd throw that out there. Funny thing is this year is that last year Aaron carried us alot. This year they are REALLY holding him back. At least that's my opinion.

34 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Swafford only had one game this year where he had to put forth alot of effort, and that was against Sequatchie. He had a field day so to speak in that game. Accounted for every touchdown iirc and was up 35-0 on them at about 7 minutes left to play in the third qtr. From there we started subbing in some young folk. Sequatchie is a 6-2 team and top 10 team in 3A. Since were talking full go thought I'd throw that out there. Funny thing is this year is that last year Aaron carried us alot. This year they are REALLY holding him back. At least that's my opinion.

Smartest thing to do, trying to keep him healthy, most people think it but won't say it, if he doesn't get hurt in playoffs last year, You guys would have been in Cookeville. Tyner would have been a dog fight, I believe you guys would have outscored them. TC may be the only 1 out of the "Big 4" in the east that is 4 quarter veterans lol, Our starters have played all 4 quarters in most of our games, with like 3 games our subs getting half a quarter. Tyner has been in a couple close games, But for Watertown and Meigs it's been running clock by half, some of that due to your competition but mostly due to the offenses of both teams. We may get blown out by any of the 3 , but I believe we have the best Defense out of the 4.   

12 minutes ago, JacketNationFan1 said:

Smartest thing to do, trying to keep him healthy, most people think it but won't say it, if he doesn't get hurt in playoffs last year, You guys would have been in Cookeville. Tyner would have been a dog fight, I believe you guys would have outscored them. TC may be the only 1 out of the "Big 4" in the east that is 4 quarter veterans lol, Our starters have played all 4 quarters in most of our games, with like 3 games our subs getting half a quarter. Tyner has been in a couple close games, But for Watertown and Meigs it's been running clock by half, some of that due to your competition but mostly due to the offenses of both teams. We may get blown out by any of the 3 , but I believe we have the best Defense out of the 4.   

Watching Trousdale I can say your only weak point looked to be in pass defense. And not necessarily weak, but just allowed for some big yardage on a few pass plays is what I mean when it was 3rd and long. Other than that your offense looked good. fought hard for yards and defense was fast to get to the ball against the run. I think you all will do well.

Mind you, I only saw the Whitwell game and the pass defense you had against them. Not an insult just an observation.

Edited by Imthayeti

18 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Watching Trousdale I can say your only weak point looked to be in pass defense. Other than that your offense looked good. fought hard for yards and defense was fast to get to the ball against the run. I think you all will do well.

Mind you, I only saw the Whitwell game and the pass defense you had against them. Not an insult just an observation.

I would agree with the pass defense, it has cost us at different times this year, it has improved as the year went along, and that was Keyvont's (#8) first game back and he will be on the opponents #1 WR and he is a good corner, probably where he will play at the next level if he goes. Our hope is we can defend long enough to let one of those DE get to the QB. And offensively we have some good runners, we need to continue to develop the pass, but everyone knows we are going to try to run the football first. 

Edited by JacketNationFan1

8 minutes ago, JacketNationFan1 said:

I would agree with the pass defense, it has cost us at different times this year, it has improved as the year went along, and that was Keyvont's (#8) first game back and he will be on the opponents #1 WR and he is a good corner, probably where he will play at the next level if he goes. Our hope is we can defend long enough to let one of those DE get to the QB. And offensively we have some good runners, we need to continue to develop the pass, but everyone knows we are going to try to run the football first. 

That's where Meigs is strong this year. They manage to slow or stop the run we beat them passing.

Edited by Imthayeti

• CoachT locked this topic