CA vs Lewis County

Jdman

8 minutes ago, ddaddy said:

Good analysis. From what I understand there is a new rule that states that the kicking team cannot make contact with the receiving team before the ball goes 10 yards. I think it's a safety thing.  

I did see that. Someone definitely got drilled before it went 10 yards.   All these new safety rules. :roll:

17 hours ago, Salem said:

Just finished watching the CA-Lewis Co game. Don't let my boss know.  :D

CA offense is perplexing. They have an at one time Mr. Football contender at running back who is touching the ball one out of four plays. The kid doesn't play defense and should be fresh the entire game. When he does run it, he offsets to one side and everyone knows he has to go to the other side -  usually out wide. When he lines up in the middle, he motions to one side and then runs the same play. Blocking on the edge is not there. First play of the game they run buck sweep to a side they are outnumbered on, no one blocks the DE, and he still gets 12 yards. 1st and goal from the 3 and he doesn't touch the ball on the next four plays & the offense goes backwards.

The QB has actually settled down and runs the offense well. If he would have changed numbers he would look even better. The offensive woes are not on him they are on the offense. Too many plays going wide, too predictable based on alignment, two huge lineman are on each end of the LOS with small lineman in between. Why not put #72 and 74 and #1 side by side and give 24 a lead blocker and let your best player make something happen?

For Lewis County: as stated earlier #23 was the fastest player on the field. He only got in open field twice but scored long runs both times. CA having the angle didn't matter.

This is going to kill the pizzpatriots (Jr. and Sr.)  but their coaching is top notch.

73 and 87 are studs. 23 and 26 can fly. #9 is still #9.

In slow mo I still can't say for certain CA touched the ball before it went 10 yards on the onside kick. It's close. Kudos to the eagle eyed official who made that call. That is why you normally kick the onsides kick to your bench so your bench can influence the official.

yeap the tape don't lie but lewis county wanted it more that night