Sonny Moore 6A Top 10 Oct. 23

tcjacket13

10 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

Hold your horses there tin can. It took 4 turnovers to beat Maryville by 6, so I'm not seeing Alcoa beat them by 28 (unless you're using Rankin 'Rithematic of course).

Alcoa had turnovers as well. I give credit to both Defenses for forcing the turnovers. Alcoa won this one., Maryville has won their share. Two great teams.

2 hours ago, GREYRIDERx said:

Dont forget the fumble that wasnt ...

Whistle blew before the ball came out. I understand the frustration, but the ref blew the play dead. Now if someone wants to say he blew the whistle early, there can be an argument made for that.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

To make a long story short I don't believe Alcoa can beat Oakland.

If a team can beat Maryville at Skeeter, they have a chance to beat any team in the state, including Oakland.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

Alcoa had turnovers as well. I give credit to both Defenses for forcing the turnovers. Alcoa won this one., Maryville has won their share. Two great teams.

Whistle blew before the ball came out. I understand the frustration, but the ref blew the play dead. Now if someone wants to say he blew the whistle early, there can be an argument made for that.

If a team can beat Maryville at Skeeter, they have a chance to beat any team in the state, including Oakland.

Hammer , I understand that the whistle blew... i get that. Since the question has been raised , I ask why was the whistle blown so soon when player is still running and the ball is in space, thats all.  The game is done weeks ago and you guys won. Not trying to take that away. 

37877 - 37701

Edited by GREYRIDERx

9 minutes ago, GREYRIDERx said:

Hammer , I understand that the whistle blew... i get that. Since the question has been raised , I ask why was the whistle blown so soon when player is still running and the ball is in space, thats all.  The game is done weeks ago and you guys won. Not trying to take that away. 

37877 - 37701

Appreciate that Greyrider. I think I may have a thought.  There were two plays, one by Alcoa's defense and then later one by Maryville's defense, earlier in the game that both teams were a little upset about. The ball carrier had basically been stopped on both plays, then some action happened.

Its possible that the refs were influenced by those plays and wanted to make sure to keep control of a great game and not let any unnecessary injuries happen. Thus a possible quick whistle.

I can' t say for certain that's what happened, but if a quick whistle happened, that would be my best guess.

Does that make sense or am I stretching? LOL

37 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

Appreciate that Greyrider. I think I may have a thought.  There were two plays, one by Alcoa's defense and then later one by Maryville's defense, earlier in the game that both teams were a little upset about. The ball carrier had basically been stopped on both plays, then some action happened.

Its possible that the refs were influenced by those plays and wanted to make sure to keep control of a great game and not let any unnecessary injuries happen. Thus a possible quick whistle.

I can' t say for certain that's what happened, but if a quick whistle happened, that would be my best guess.

Does that make sense or am I stretching? LOL

No , its all good Hammer. Im not gonna pick an argument over it. There are quite a few possibilties from that game. Lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GREYRIDERx said:

No , its all good Hammer. Im not gonna pick an argument over it. There are quite a few possibilties from that game. Lol

Yes sir, it was a great game played by awesome kids on each side. We're all very fortunate to get to enjoy watching two teams play at that level. One of the top ten HS football games I've ever seen in person.

• Upvote 1