Macon County @ Livingston Academy

MCFAN3

Ive seen in several Macon threads throughout the year that coach Shoulders was hired too late to expect much at the beginning. Was he not here during the summer? I thought he was hired about the same time every new coach is hired. Yes, occasionally you will get a coach who can run spring practice before moving to their new school, but that is by far and away not the norm. I agree that I think he has done a good job but to keep bringing up that he was hired so late I do not understand. Can someone enlighten me on why this keeps being brought up?

Most of the evaluations are done in spring to see where to put players at. He wasn't here for that and came in and immediately went to play calls and schemes. It was after season started before he really started seeing where to move people around and not to forget he went to a wing-t which is different than previously the spread. He is a great coach who knows how to win but just like all teams around I hear the participation is low in football. Hope this helps

On 10/24/2018 at 9:06 AM, JacketNationFan1 said:

Macon beat westmoreland 33-7, i believe LA beat westy 42-14, so pretty even, Westy fans seem to think they didn't play well in the LA game, so I will go with the tigers in a closeone 27-21

Well I’ll be daggum, I was spot on on this one, good win Coach Shoulders and the MC Tigers.