Best game to attend upper East Tennessee

RodgerDodger32

There are a few games that might turn out to be good ones in this first playoff week. Games at Elizabethton,Johnson county, Daniel Boone ,David Crockett and Science Hill could all be good ones.If some of the local press considered Greeneville in the area not in the Knoxville area,a third round matchup with Elizabethton would be  one of the biggest in local history for what's at stake for not one but two local teams... I have yet to figure out how anyone who writes for any Tennessee paper and  has seen Greeneville, Tennessee on a map and still not think Greeneville is in the NET or upper east Tennessee area.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

I have yet to figure out how anyone who writes for any Tennessee paper and  has seen Greeneville, Tennessee on a map and still not think Greeneville is in the NET or upper east Tennessee area.

You can blame Doug “Fritzabethton” in the Johnson City Press for that.  He wants Elizabethton’s star to shine a little brighter before the big Greene extinguishes it-for good.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dark1 said:

You can blame Doug “Fritzabethton” in the Johnson City Press for that.  He wants Elizabethton’s star to shine a little brighter before the big Greene extinguishes it-for good.  

Fritz is hilarious. I remember a column a few years ago explaining why Elizabethton was going to compete with and maybe overtake Alcoa when they were still in AAA. 

Just now, JDHoss said:

Fritz is hilarious. I remember a column a few years ago explaining why Elizabethton was going to compete with and maybe overtake Alcoa when they were still in AAA. 

Yeah, I remember.  They actually gave them a good game once. (In Elizabethton’s defense).  That was a good Betsy team and an average (but still awesome) Alcoa team if I remember right.  I’m sure one of the Alcoa boys will let us know.  LOL

Fritzy’s next favorite is Unicoi. (Usually b-ball). However this year he was giving 5 star ratings to Unicoi for their performance against such football giants as North Green and Unaka.

He sometimes throws a bone to Science Hill, to keep his readers happy...  He should write for the Elizabethton Star.