Johnson City Press “NET AREA”

DevilMan03

Batman can't spell and will never be a sports writer but if you can't look at this map and see Greeneville is in NET,then you probably shouldn't be giving your opinion in a paper either.I don't know what would be worse.The man who doesn't know better or the man that buys a paper to read it.Image result for Tennessee map greeneville                  Image result for dumb and dumber on bike                                                    

10 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

So Doug Fritz says Greeneville isn’t in the NET and doesn’t cover them “anymore” for this very reason. Here he says they are NET lol 

https://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Football/2018/11/01/Indians-1.html?ci=stream&lp=1&p=

1. Greeneville's Walmart is 18 minutes from Johnson City's first Wallyworld.

2. We are a good 65 minutes from Knoxville

3. Practically every Tri City business considers Greeneville part of the Tri City

4. Why does he include our stats, if we are not a part of it.

5. As a former proud Hill Topper, JC has 70, 000 people, Betsy has 14, 000 maybe I get tired of the press being a betsy news paper. The County teams are just starting to get their due in the paper.

6. Fritz is a Betsy (cowtown, we called them cowtown, before I ever heard of AC) HOMER.

Edited by noonesfool

4 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

3. Practically every Tri City business considers Greeneville part of the Tri City

5. As a former proud Hill Topper, JC has 70, 000 people, Betsy has 14, 000 maybe I get tired of the press being a betsy news paper. The County teams are just starting to get their due in the paper.

6. Fritz is a Betsy (cowtown, we called them cowtown, before I ever heard of AC) HOMER.

You mad bro! I know why you're mad. You still haven't got over the fact that we beat your toppers! So quit crying you idiot! Go Cyclones!!

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, cyclones1 said:

You mad bro! I know why you're mad. You still haven't got over the fact that we beat your toppers! So quit crying you idiot! Go Cyclones!!

Thank you for your immaturity. The only thing I wrote that was not factual and could be construed as opinion would be Fritz is a homer and there is enough preponderance of evidence that suggest he could be. I have great respect for the Cyclones. "Idiot" reflects lack of argument and willing to discuss the issue as suggested by BD. Not mad, indifferent to wins and losses of the Toppers though I enjoy a good win. My Loyalty is to the GHS Devils who I strongly pull for when they line up against the Hill.

You are a good poster most of the time.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

Thank you for your immaturity. The only thing I wrote that was not factual and could be construed as opinion would be Fritz is a homer and there is enough preponderance of evidence that suggest he could be. I have great respect for the Cyclones. "Idiot" reflects lack of argument and willing to discuss the issue as suggested by BD. Not mad, indifferent to wins and losses of the Toppers though I enjoy a good win. My Loyalty is to the GHS Devils who I strongly pull for when they line up against the Hill.

You are always going to have Goons noonesfool.  Even though you played for Science Hill back in the day I always know your a Greene Devil at heart.  You spent to many years as an administrator and coach for the Devils not to be.  

• Like 2

100 % understand where noonesfool is with the subject of team loyalty.It's hard to pull against a school sometimes ,even if it's your own team playing them.I've had to go with my kids on the mat,track and the field against the Devils in the past.Last year was even hard knowing several of the Indians out there since they were small kids.That said,I 100% enjoyed seeing at least one DB coach go home with a loss.

Edited by BatmanDevil
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, noonesfool said:

Okay first of all let me apologize for the idiot comment. May you please explain to me what a Betsy Homer is? And why do you keep referring to us as Cowtown? I see cows everywhere! LOL

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, noonesfool said:

I was under the impression it was because Greeneville does not sale the paper. If this is the case I would not report Greeneville news either. Now if it is in the service area I agree cover them.  I do not think it as much logistics as it is business. But hey I may be entirely wrong just going off of things i have been told.

1 hour ago, cyclones1 said:

Okay first of all let me apologize for the idiot comment. May you please explain to me what a Betsy Homer is? And why do you keep referring to us as Cowtown? I see cows everywhere! LOL

Fair questions Cyclone. Back in the Day, I'm OLD, Most of the big seven referred to Betsy as cowtown because only cows are named Betsy. It was rough in those days. Betsy in the fall of 1969 put a sign 40 yards long sign across the visitor side of Old War Memorial Stadium in JC that said "JOHNSON CITY DRINKS S%$T WATER" (I'm still impressed to this day) because our water was not drinkable and we were in negotiations with Betsy to buy your water. You all painted "PANSOCK WILL RUN" on our field house and he did :) 

A lot of people feel that Betsy gets more coverage than they should in the paper because Fritz is from Betsy. Size of articles and personal stories. As much as the Toppers and more than DC and DB particularly in past years. Betsy has a town newspaper and you wonder how much do they cover re: JC, DB, DC.

Well there are my thoughts. I hope I was coherent.

PS last thought, We never did this to their faces because they were so pretty and nice , but we would among ourselves refer to the girls of the orange and black as Bemberg Babies.

You also know you all were also referred to as the Doe River Rats.

An old Big 7 history lesson.

Edited by noonesfool
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, woodby30 said:

I was under the impression it was because Greeneville does not sale the paper. If this is the case I would not report Greeneville news either. Now if it is in the service area I agree cover them.  I do not think it as much logistics as it is business. But hey I may be entirely wrong just going off of things i have been told.

JC press delivered to my home for 30 years. When visiting now I pick it up at the 7/11.