Oak Ridge @ Soddy Daisy

tnchad1980

Oak Ridge @ Soddy Daisy  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins???

• Oak Ridge
    • Soddy Daisy

20 hours ago, bounder said:

Saw a post over to the 1A board about "Where are they now?" and Willie said he had retired from the T. Gonna miss him!

WILDCAT PRIDE

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

Hate to hear that!  His posts were so entertaining.  I hope he gets bored with retirement and comes back. 

The interest in this game on Coacht reminds me of the crowd at the Rhea County game...in a word...PATHETIC!  If not for the students, we wouldn't have a had a crowd at all last Friday night. With rain in the forecast for Friday, I doubt 100 people will attend, unless lots of students make the trip. What's wrong with the OR fans? Many of you want to complain about anything and everything and that's fine but at least come to the games!  DISGUSTED and EMBARRASSED!  My in-laws from Missouri have been visiting and I talk about OR football so much that they finally attended a game. They were NOT impressed with the support...or lack of...and they added that they had more fans at their high school games in Missouri and they were 3-7 this year.

1 hour ago, catswild said:

I'm glad a few of us will be there but nobody has answered my question...what's wrong with the OR fans...if you want to call them that?

I doubt any of us know the answer. If we're fans enough to be on Coach T, then we are probably at every game we can get to.

We can only speculate why support is down. I blame the far left for brainwashing a generation into believing competition is bad and that football is a barbaric spectacle meant only to demean the weak and promote violence.

Seriously - I have no idea. I love watching the Cats in person, just can't do it this week.

2 hours ago, catswild said:

I'm glad a few of us will be there but nobody has answered my question...what's wrong with the OR fans...if you want to call them that?

It's not much of an answer, but I have lived here for 16 years and the first round playoff games have always been poorly attended. I don't know why.   I think there will be a good showing of our folks at Soddy tomorrow even though they have the worst visitor stands in East TN. (Yes, they are far, far away from the field).  I will be there and bringing some with me.

1 hour ago, OR nole said:

I doubt any of us know the answer. If we're fans enough to be on Coach T, then we are probably at every game we can get to.

We can only speculate why support is down. I blame the far left for brainwashing a generation into believing competition is bad and that football is a barbaric spectacle meant only to demean the weak and promote violence.

Seriously - I have no idea. I love watching the Cats in person, just can't do it this week.

Not sure if you were kidding or serious, but your second paragraph might be more accurate than I would like...either way, the last two crowds were awful.