Blackman @ Mt. Juliet

Bump11

Probably deserve some of the disrespect with their opponents record of 46-65.  They haven’t faced anyone this year with the size, speed, and athletes of Blackman.  Knox,  Otey,  Napier, and Elder are all D1 commits and that is just on offense. The Bears are a very good team but I am afraid that the soft schedule catches up with them on Friday night. 

2 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

Weak or tough schedule, they will give Blackman a game. What I dont understand is Blackman would beat nearly every school in the state regardless of level this year, yet nobody will get bashed for it the way Mt. Juliet would. 

When you go 10-0 every year and talk about how great you are but get bounced in the first or second round you are gonna get bashed. 

I'm not sure why everyone thinks this game will get out of hand. When taking a look at common opponents, both teams scored 28 on Hendersonville and one could make the arguement MJ actually dominated Cookeville while Blackman allowed the Cavs to somewhat hang around in the first half.  I think this game comes down to the Blackman QB and it's that simple. Can he make enough throws to keep the chains moving at the critical moments or will he turn it over?

I dont see either team with a lot of gashing type runs. I expect this game to be very physical. One thing to watch from a couple of the Blackman players is will they keep their cool if the game is close. Untimely unsportsmanlike penalties COULD play a factor.  Friday can get here fast enough 

4 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

They have been to the 6A semis twice since 2010. And lost to eventual state champ Whitehaven in that game by 6 points. Thats closer than Blackman has ever sniffed. 

Blackman played in 2013 Semi losing to eventual 6A champ Maryville who smashed Hendersonville in the final. This game won't be close.   Too much speed for the Blaze.  

6 hours ago, TOM4000Patriots said:

Blackman played in 2013 Semi losing to eventual 6A champ Maryville who smashed Hendersonville in the final. This game won't be close.   Too much speed for the Blaze.  

That Blaze team lost 28-16 and never appeared to be in control. MJ was actually driving for a game winning score against Whitehaven to make it to state and just didn't convert. Just saying if people are going to act like Blackman & MJ are on two totally different planets as far as success, they are pretty much the same. Show me where Blackman is a more successful program than MJ. I'll wait. This will be a great game Friday regardless...

Edited by thegreatone36

1 hour ago, thegreatone36 said:

That Blaze team lost 28-16 and never appeared to be in control. MJ was actually driving for a game winning score against Whitehaven to make it to state and just didn't convert. Just saying if people are going to act like Blackman & MJ are on two totally different planets as far as success, they are pretty much the same. Show me where Blackman is a more successful program than MJ. I'll wait. This will be a great game Friday regardless...

I don’t think anyone has said anything about Blackman having a more successful program than MJ. Some were just pointing out that MJ has played a softer schedule this season than Blackman, which is true. It doesn’t really matter who has had more success in the past. The game this Friday is all that matters at this point.

36 minutes ago, Ozone03 said:

I don’t think anyone has said anything about Blackman having a more successful program than MJ. Some were just pointing out that MJ has played a softer schedule this season than Blackman, which is true. It doesn’t really matter who has had more success in the past. The game this Friday is all that matters at this point.

I agree with all your points. The Glencliffs of the world gotta be dropped off the schedule. But the way they handle business against the better teams on the schedule still indicates that it is a very solid football team. I just dont think this is going to be over by halftime like most seem to.

42 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

I agree with all your points. The Glencliffs of the world gotta be dropped off the schedule. But the way they handle business against the better teams on the schedule still indicates that it is a very solid football team. I just dont think this is going to be over by halftime like most seem to.

I don't think this will be over by halftime either. My prediction is Blackman by a couple scores