Waverly @ Peabody (Semifinals)

FightingBlue0

2 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Yes and no. The pressure only worked because we went away from the short pass. IMO if we would have stuck with short pass pressure would have been for nothing. The pressure worked because we were playing behind the sticks. Out kick off return sucked two in a row. If you watch the film the middle screen was wide open the whole second half and we never exposed it. Now I am Not taking anything away from Peabody. Y’all had our number and that’s it. Wavo offense coordinator will be able to see it. But I do Believe Vowell will have the answers to stop it. I am On the tide train because of region 7

good point.  Thx

1 minute ago, Golddoctor said:

You did not play the teams that beat you in the rain.  It will be a huge factor for both teams.  We can ground and pound with the best of them

No we didn’t, but doesn’t mean we don’t pass in games just because we been toting the rock. Lots of experience the last 3 years passing in Rain. If you guys think we’re incapable of pounding the rock, y’all got another thing coming. Our back is the real deal. Just wait and see 

3 minutes ago, Trollin said:

No we didn’t, but doesn’t mean we don’t pass in games just because we been toting the rock. Lots of experience the last 3 years passing in Rain. If you guys think we’re incapable of pounding the rock, y’all got another thing coming. Our back is the real deal. Just wait and see 

Probably will be the best back we’ve played all year. Definitely one we can’t go in and arm tackle. 

Just now, Trollin said:

Here in R7 we respect all opponents.  I know u guys have a big back, So does the Titans in Travis Henry.  Those backs can be of no use when their is a swarm of bees on him.  You guys are really good, that's for sure, but if you take close notice, you will see that we are more than capable of slowing you down.  I believe CA exposed some of yalls weakness. We have some weaknesses too and I feel both teams may exploit the other.  But there is one thing I know, you won't put up those huge numbers that you are used to. Just you wait and seee

1 minute ago, Golddoctor said:

Here in R7 we respect all opponents.  I know u guys have a big back, So does the Titans in Travis Henry.  Those backs can be of no use when their is a swarm of bees on him.  You guys are really good, that's for sure, but if you take close notice, you will see that we are more than capable of slowing you down.  I believe CA exposed some of yalls weakness. We have some weaknesses too and I feel both teams may exploit the other.  But there is one thing I know, you won't put up those huge numbers that you are used to. Just you wait and seee

The Doc has spoken!

1 minute ago, Goldenpride said:

Probably will be the best back we’ve played all year. Definitely one we can’t go in and arm tackle. 

That is saying a lot GP.  The Craig Kid was a load.  He ran like a mad man.  I am sure Wavos backs are good but we are prepared to stop him also.  We have fast, hard hitting LB and our D line is un-moveable

Just now, Golddoctor said:

That is saying a lot GP.  The Craig Kid was a load.  He ran like a mad man.  I am sure Wavos backs are good but we are prepared to stop him also.  We have fast, hard hitting LB and our D line is un-moveable

Yes it is a lot to say! He was a beast, but yet I’m saying this from film he looks like he will be bc he looks more elusive in his cutting and plus I think he’s a bigger body. We will see Friday night though 

2 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

2 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

Tez is more than just a big back. For the longest I thought he would have so much hype surrounding him but Stanfield and Dixon have stolen the spotlight. Tez is hard to tackle and can be shifty in space. He is a lot faster than what he appears. He has multiple KO returns, though unfortunately some have been called back. He has struggled with some injuries through out his career but he is no Derrick Henry. He is more dynamic than that. Can be a receiver as well. 

Gold Dr I respect Peabody and you guys as fans, were all excited for our programs and are attempting to reach the same goal. A state championship. Waverly is more than capable of scoring high points against anyone, yes even your Peabody D. Like Redneck Tiger was saying earlier, our Coach has been smart and conservative to control the pace of our defense on the field. When we need to we can make explosive plays and score quickly. Against Riverside we were down 6-7 and with 1:40 left on the clock we scored 2 quick TDS. Ask Fairview Huntingdon and Davidson Academy how quick we can score. Peabody is not unbeatable and their D can be scored on multiple times. Hence the 44 points per game avg. You shall see my friend. 

33 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

80% chance of rain Friday night.  Who does that favor?

Also, I’m sure you know this, you may be a Dr and not a meteorologist but usually in the 5 day forecast here in TN it’s always wrong. The forecast normally is a day off, so I’m betting the rain hits Thursday or Saturday, more than likely Thursday. I know for everyone’s sake, hopefully it doesn’t rain during the game

Good post by both. We will soon find out.

1 hour ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Can Waverly stop Peabody? I promise you this, regardless how good Waverly’s defense is, Peabody will score multiple times, multiple ways. 

You forgot to mention about Waverly’s defense. I think Peabody’s defense is  better than Waverly’s. I’m not saying they’re way better or anything like that, but I do think Peabody is better all around the field on defense. So I think Peabody can get more stops than Waverly can stop Peabody. 

It all all starts up front & I think Peabody front 7 is better than Waverly’s. But we won’t truly know until Friday. I enjoy reading everyone’s analysis & opnions. 

2 hours ago, Trollin said:

Like I said earlier, I feel bad for Peabody’s Defensive Coordinator. I expect that Peabody will see multiple formations, tight and spread. They will see it all. I believe they will see some things that we did in the past and also some things no one has seen. If I know McConnell, I’m sure he has been practicing multiple formations and multiple plays since week 0 that he hasn’t shown in a game. He will use what is necessary. If something is working he is going to stick to it, if it’s not working he will keep on until he finds what will. I’m sure he has already reviewed film and knows their Defensive weakness and will install plays especially to expose their weakness. He is a smart football mind. He thinks of it all. It’s a great thing having a Defensive mind running an offense. 

Also on a side note, how will Peabody react when their defense can’t stop Waverly from scoring. How will they react when they are behind. How many times has Peabody been down or scored on significantly? I only know of 2 games, Milan and Gibson, but they are nothing like the offense they will face against Waverly. I promise you this, regardless of how “good” Peabody’s Defense is, Waverly will score multiple times, multiple ways. The question is can they stop Waverly enough times, and score enough times to get the W?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tide21 said:

Do you think Peabodys defense or the defensive coordinator hasn’t seen multiple formations ?  You can run all the formations you want but it’s the same 3 players getting the ball. Our defense is better than CA and DA .  Will you guys score ?  Probably so but it won’t be at will. How will our defense react when you score ?  Our defensive coordinator will change the defense that’s how they will react.

I wouldnt say better than DA. Have you seen DA? Have yall played against DA? So I wouldnt go that far. But yes the Tides defense is very very good.