Waverly @ Peabody (Semifinals)

FightingBlue0

49 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Either way, ya'll need a swiss cheese repair kit this week. Y'all havent exactly beaten murders row

We have been doing what it takes to win. If we dont win Friday we will be cheering for the Tide! But unlike you and bullpuppy I travel to watch good games and good teams and I have seen a bunch of R7 games. We have just as much chance to beat Peabody as Peabody has a chance to beat us. I do respect your opinion General and I like your post usually.

Like I said earlier, I feel bad for Peabody’s Defensive Coordinator. I expect that Peabody will see multiple formations, tight and spread. They will see it all. I believe they will see some things that we did in the past and also some things no one has seen. If I know McConnell, I’m sure he has been practicing multiple formations and multiple plays since week 0 that he hasn’t shown in a game. He will use what is necessary. If something is working he is going to stick to it, if it’s not working he will keep on until he finds what will. I’m sure he has already reviewed film and knows their Defensive weakness and will install plays especially to expose their weakness. He is a smart football mind. He thinks of it all. It’s a great thing having a Defensive mind running an offense. 

Also on a side note, how will Peabody react when their defense can’t stop Waverly from scoring. How will they react when they are behind. How many times has Peabody been down or scored on significantly? I only know of 2 games, Milan and Gibson, but they are nothing like the offense they will face against Waverly. I promise you this, regardless of how “good” Peabody’s Defense is, Waverly will score multiple times, multiple ways. The question is can they stop Waverly enough times, and score enough times to get the W?

16 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Like I said earlier, I feel bad for Peabody’s Defensive Coordinator. I expect that Peabody will see multiple formations, tight and spread. They will see it all. I believe they will see some things that we did in the past and also some things no one has seen. If I know McConnell, I’m sure he has been practicing multiple formations and multiple plays since week 0 that he hasn’t shown in a game. He will use what is necessary. If something is working he is going to stick to it, if it’s not working he will keep on until he finds what will. I’m sure he has already reviewed film and knows their Defensive weakness and will install plays especially to expose their weakness. He is a smart football mind. He thinks of it all. It’s a great thing having a Defensive mind running an offense. 

Also on a side note, how will Peabody react when their defense can’t stop Waverly from scoring. How will they react when they are behind. How many times has Peabody been down or scored on significantly? I only know of 2 games, Milan and Gibson, but they are nothing like the offense they will face against Waverly. I promise you this, regardless of how “good” Peabody’s Defense is, Waverly will score multiple times, multiple ways. The question is can they stop Waverly enough times, and score enough times to get the W?

Can Waverly stop Peabody? I promise you this, regardless how good Waverly’s defense is, Peabody will score multiple times, multiple ways. 

You forgot to mention about Waverly’s defense. I think Peabody’s defense is  better than Waverly’s. I’m not saying they’re way better or anything like that, but I do think Peabody is better all around the field on defense. So I think Peabody can get more stops than Waverly can stop Peabody. 

It all all starts up front & I think Peabody front 7 is better than Waverly’s. But we won’t truly know until Friday. I enjoy reading everyone’s analysis & opnions. 

Edited by FightingBlue0

9 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Do you think Peabodys defense or the defensive coordinator hasn’t seen multiple formations ?  You can run all the formations you want but it’s the same 3 players getting the ball. Our defense is better than CA and DA .  Will you guys score ?  Probably so but it won’t be at will. How will our defense react when you score ?  Our defensive coordinator will change the defense that’s how they will react.

28 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

After watching the Waverly & CA 2nd round game & last week’s game against Riverside, I have to agree with what Vandy said earlier. Waverly will have to spread Peabody out to have a shot. If they line everyone up in a living room, then they play to Peabody’s advantage. 

Did you go to riverside game ?